Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any negative impact on projects on EhP upgrade from 0 to level 6

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

One of my client is using ECC 6.0 , EhP 0. We are upgrading it to EhP 6.

Just want to know , is there any negative impact observed by you on projects in this system up gradations? ( I am reading 2802 PS enhancements since forever) to know it in detail.

Just willing to know your experiences on it.

Also, does it impacts ABAP developments in system in any way?

Kindly share the information

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have JVA active on your system, be cautious about the upgradation, it does have a direct impact on the SAP-PS functionality as well.

Rest a thorough Unit and integration testing would help to identify the system breaks. I have experienced the breaks in the functionality related to Commitments, Budgeting and IM year Ending. (Though Several Notes would help with the resolution)

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

We are not using JVA as of now.

Can you please share what breaks you observed from Commitment, Budgeting and IM year Ending  areas, if you remember them?

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could remember few related to Service POs, POs with MAA in Commitment.

Budgeting and IM Year ending could be specific to the Service Packs you would be implementing.

Hope it help!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think to be on a safe side you rather run regression testing for all key PS (and non-PS) processes and key developments.  By key I mean high risk / big impact if not working properly.

Honestly I do not recall any PS changes that can have an impact.  But you cannot see it just from PS module perspective, most processes are cross-functional, therefore changes in other modules might be more important.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The client may have multiple project processes and developed scenarios and if Upgrade goes level by level and each level requires complete regression testing then is this the only way to verify changes?

My worry is repetitive testing of all scenarios.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the change is from L0 to L5, why anyone want to test L2 or L3?  I do not see any added value, as some bugs available in L2 are corrected in L4 for example, and so on and so forth...

Regards,

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing First, I would speak to the BASIS Team on the approach they have thought of.

I dont think they would go level by level to reach to the desired level. This is the same approach while carrying out the SP (Support Package) upgrade as well.

Hope that helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

But, I am not sure that the upgrade will go directly from L0 to L5 ( recommended or not?)

If not recommended, then the issue of repetitive testing continues....