Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous handling of event on system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I would like to know if is it possible to open a session from a process in background (on a user connected to system). Example: user is connected via SAPGui to system and a new session start suddenly (triggered by something in background). Is it possible ?

I would like also to know if is it possible trigger the window even if user is not using SAPGui. For example, if a user receives some express message, the popup for incoming message appears when user "do something" on SAPGui: if user is away, popup doesn't appear.

I think I'm asking something not possible because SAPGui structure probably doesn't allow this behaviour .... but any hints are welcome!

Thanks and regards

Gabriele

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele

For security reasons I would only permit the auto session to be triggered if the user already has a SAP GUI session open on the required system.

To initiate the session create, I would debug the standard SAP GUI session create.

Hope this proves helpful.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved with TH_CREATE_FOREIGN_MODE

0 Kudos

Nice one Gabriele:)