cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method missing CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.ISCRExportOptions.get_ExportOptionsEx() in export

tomasskora
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm having c# 32-bit application in Visual Studio 2013 with Crystal report solution. I use CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_12.msi for run-time. When some of our customers to start export report, they have a error

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel.PropertyBag CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.ISCRExportOptions.get_ExportOptionsEx.

The code is:

ExportOptions exportOpts = new ExportOptions();

DiskFileDestinationOptions diskOpts = new DiskFileDestinationOptions();

exportOpts = reportDocument.ExportOptions;

exportOpts.ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile;

diskOpts.DiskFileName = printStruct.strExportPathName;

exportOpts.DestinationOptions = diskOpts;

exportOpts.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat;

reportDocument.Export();

Can you help what is wrong?

On our developer computer (VS 2013, Crystal report 2013 instaled) everythings works fine.

I read articles about get_ExportOptionsEx error by to export to stream, but I thinks this my problem is different.

Thanx for help. Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomasskora
Explorer
0 Kudos

The problem was resolved. Export from CR (include direct from CR viewer) doesn't work where have to been instaled Crystal Report runtime 13.0.12.1494 64-bit and 13.0.6.1027  32-bit together and aplications used 32-bit engine.

0 Kudos

Ah, that would make sense, you must always use the same versions installed. But if your app is running in 32 bit mode you don't need the 64 bit runtime.

Thanks for the update.

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your tip has been very useful. Many thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Correct, it has nothing to do with export to Stream.

When exporting Crystal first attempts to write the file to the destination folder and then delete it to see if we have full read/write permissions. If the application does not then you can get this error. Or the folder they are exporting to does not exist.

Have the user right click on your EXE and select Run As Administrator and see if that works.

You can add something like this to check also, could be the file exists or is locked by some process:

try

{

if (File.Exists(MyRptName))

{

File.Delete(MyRptName);

}

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

MessageTextBox.Text = "ERROR: " + ex.Message;

}

Don

tomasskora
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

thanx you for answer. I'm sorry but it isn't solution. The problem doesn't in admin rules or file exist but (IMHO) in Crystal Report runtime. We have problem in runtime version 13.0.12.1494. If we use runtime 13.0.6.1027 - (simply reinstal on target computer without another changes) exports works absolutly right.

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

OK just a thought I had...

Then use ProcessMonitor or Modules and compare working and non-working PC's. Likely some dependency is missing.

Don

tomasskora
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

thanx for your inspirations, but I thinks it’s unreal. PCs works with version 13.0.12.1494 which had been instaled on VS 2013 CR 2013 and many other developer tools. It‘s impossible to compare this PC and PC where is only Windows and runtime libraries. It's very probable that some of the modules which are in contained in 13.0.6.1027, might be missing in 13.0.12.1494, but I don't know which. We can't install and uninstall CR runtime within our customer and test changes. And situation simulation on some new (clear) computer worked  allright for long amount of time in our company. I'll hope in quicker help, because I think that this problem is common and it does not affect  only our instalation.

Sincerely Tom

0 Kudos

Recompile your application, lots of updates between SP 6 and 12, the pointers need to be updated, rebuilding and redistributing your executable is required.

Don

tomasskora
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your cooperation, but I think I've done everything well

Tom