Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4.1 integration with SAP Portal / LDAP

CindyY
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer wants to integrate BI4.1 SP5 with their SAP Enterprise Portal. Their users automatically into Portal via LDAP authentication to their Windows AD. From Portal, users can access other SAP systems (ECC, BW, etc) without providing separate login. This is done by SAP login tickets.

For BI4.1 - can there be SSO between Portal and BI4.1, with LDAP authentication?

The posts / articles I've come across all refers to SAP Authentication - nothing for LDAP authentication. So, I don't know if this is possible.

Could someone advise?

What would be an alternative solution? What the customer wants is to have a link in Portal that takes them to BI Launchpad. Once click the link, the user is automatically logged in - without having to supply the password.

The reporting data source is HANA, and potentially BW.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Cindy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

you are talking about LDAP and Windows AD. Do you mean the same or do you have two Directory Services such as a LDAP one (for Example Novell eDirectory) and Microsoft`s Windows AD?!

If the Users Log On to the Portal with their Windows AD user, you can configure BI for Windows AD SSO as well. Then the process you described (with the Link) can work.

Regards

-Seb.

CindyY
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian, thanks for your reply.

They have MS Windows Active Directory, however BI4.1 is on AIX, and so we will have to configure LDAP authentication to their Windows Active Directory.

With LDAP authentication, what can we do to such that after the user logs into Portal, they can click on a link to BI4.1 Launchpad and be automatically logged in?

The other option I'm thinking of is to have an Enterprise alias of the imported LDAP account in BI4.1, and configure Trusted authentication to allow automatic sign in. I think in the link to BI Launchpad, the user name needs to be passed. Do you know if this would work?

Thanks..

Cindy.

0 Kudos

Hello,

so in this case you have two possibilities.

1. Leverage the 3rd party tool called Siteminder to configure a LDAP SSO for SAP BI 4.1. Please note that Siteminder is out of scope from the SAP BI 4.1 product and it is a seperate application.

2. As you already mentioned using the Trusted Authentication. Its not really neccesary to have Enterprise Aliase configured to make use of the Trusted Auth. It also works with any supported 3rd party authentication (Like fe. LDAP Users):

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great. Thanks for your help Sebastian!

Cindy.

Answers (0)