Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Sidecar scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm a newbie in the SAP arena and I'm still learning 😉

We have a dedicated SAP-based application, solely based on Netweaver AFAIK, and Oracle as a backend. Due to a bunch a reasons,

some ABAP transactions are painfully slow, preventing online reporting for production data.

I've read several posts here and it seems it's possible to replicate program data to another DB, to HANA for example (sidecar scenario but I've

read things like DXC, Data Services, SLT ) for allowing users to build reports with HANA Studio or BI4 to name a few.

The main requirement here is to let users query production data (with no data creation) to wind down the current workload on the Netweaver server.

So my questions are:

• is this replication feature a Netweaver functionality ? (if so, starting from which version?) or a DBMS vendor capability?
  • is the replication possible towards any DBMS-capable system? (Oracle, MySQL, PosgreSQL, HANA, etc)
  • is it possible to chose what kind of data are replicated?

Thanks for your answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhishek_singh11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

Please find the answers:

• Is this replication feature a Netweaver functionality ? (if so, starting from which version?) or a DBMS vendor capability?

Somewhat No, its a tool functionality. Data Services is a BOBJ Tool to replicate data from any source to any destination one being HANA. SLT is a DMIS installation. DMIS can be installed on separate SAP Installation or else can be used on same SAP Installation, if the SAP Installation is Unicode. HANA Can only talk to Unicode. SAP HANA Direct Extractor Connection (DXC) utilizes the DataSource Extractors that exist in SAP Business Suite systems to load data directly from the BW InfoPackage into HANA.

Refer:

• Is the replication possible towards any DBMS-capable system? (Oracle, MySQL, PosgreSQL, HANA, etc)

BODS is the best tool for this type of replication.

• Is it possible to chose what kind of data are replicated?

You can filter, harmonize etc with the data before replicating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any hint?

Rgds.