cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement of Travel Expenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario of paying travel expenses to employee in FI not in payroll.  Rather payroll is not implemented for that client.

While settlement of travel expenses in PR05, it prompts for payroll period along with payroll area.

Please guide,How can it be possible to manage the settlement without this prompt for payroll period as there is no payroll for that employee.

Regards,

RK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello RK,

additional info to Lukas recommendation.

If there is no Integration to HR Payroll active - you can maintain via pe03 Feature TRVPA not only the setting L+G with '0' plese maintain also setting PA3 with '0' - and generate the feature.

Entry "PA3": Check of settlement period entered against the period of the personnel control record:

Setting   0 = No check

This should help to suppress the message.

Maybe an additional recommendation: Travel Mangement doesn't process taxable amounts (only Display on the trip form). The Taxation of taxable amounts occurs only in HR Payroll- that's always a good reason to activate the HR Integration.

If you have no taxable amounts in the travel Settlement you can ignore this recomendation

BR

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for valuable suggestions.

I have already maintained the PA3 0 in TRVPA as you suggested right here, still it prompts for payroll period when performing settlement of expenses.

Further let me clarify that, there is no taxable amounts for travel settlements.

Can you please suggest any other option for this issue.

Regards,

RK.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please call transaction pe03 again with Feature TRVPA and generate it again.

Sometimes the Feature Status is 'active' - but it isn't.

BR

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We settle and pay through FI also. We have HR and payroll, but it is not in this instance of SAP - it's in it's own box. We send mini master HR data over to the FI box, which is where the PA and period info comes from. I believe payroll area and period are required to run settlement and postings so can you create some bogus PA's and periods to assign your employees to in order to run the programs?

Lukas - any thoughts?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The last time I was confronted with this topic (2012) you always needed at least a dummy payroll entry, even if you have no active payroll integration, i.e. feature TRVPA Value L+G = 0. That was because the settlement process statically required a payroll period, otherwise it would fail/crash/throw errors. This information might be out of date though; since we do have an active PY HR integration at the moment so that topic never came up again.

Does the prompting for a PY period actually cause problems or is it just confusing because it's non-functional for your business process?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for inputs.

As I mentioned earlier, there is no payroll in practice. In this condition I have to maintain the payroll area for settlement of travel expenses.

Can I settle the travel expenses for a current period when the payroll period is not updated or not maintained for current period. It is still for the past period.

Otherwise it needs to maintain the pay roll period regularly in each month.

Please provide your suggestions in this matter.

Regards,

RK.