cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default value for inspection characteristic in IP or routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

So I have done a bit of research on this topic and found some good answers but nothing that is exactly what I'm looking for. Here is the scenario:

We have a value that is 10 and that value is the same let's say 95% of the time for inspection lots. We would like it to default to 10 in results recording and users only change it in instances where it isn't 10.

I know you can do copy inspection results functionality using customization, but that isn't necessarily what we want because if the last inspection lot the user input a 9, we wouldn't want that to pull in.

We don't necessarily need this to be a MIC, it could just be an inspection characteristic within an inspection plan or a routing. I read somewhere that you can do this if it is a manually entered inspection characteristic but didn't see an explanation of how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Please model your test case in quality system with the below inputs -

a) Activate MIC as "Formula Managed".

b) Create parameter for calculated characteristics following the below config -

Quality Management => Quality Inspection => Results Recording => Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristics => Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristic => Create ZQ or some custom parameter, using custom FM to set the default value. This options comes to be very handy to copy one MIC value to next MIC within an inspection lot - result recording.

c) In inspection plan, go to change control indicator - add the formula ZQ => Save

d) Create a new inspection lot for this inspection plan. To do it fast, you can create an 89 inspection lot for this plan to test this functionality. Perform result recording to check if the default is appearing and it is allowing you to change the default value even if calculated MIC is proposing a different value (as I have not tested this part).

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting approach. I am not sure how to do the FM part so I would have to get someone on my team to code that part of it but I do have a question. When doing results recording, will the default value (let's say 10) automatically appear or will I have to click valuate in order for it to show up?

Thanks,

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Pre-populating a default value in a MIC through this approach does not mean that this is a final result. You still will have a choice to change this value to whatever is the correct one. While the calculation happens, the MIC status is "2" means result is recorded but NOT valuated to "3". You should decide to valuate it later, if the results are correct.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that but what I am wondering is when I go into the inspection lot in QE51N will the MIC automatically have a value populated or, like normally calculated MICs, will I have to press a button for the calculation to take place? Thanks!

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about this. But still I believe, the pre-populated value of the calculated MIC should be auto-calculated to get the status "2". If this value is correct and needs no further changes then you can valuate to change it to "3" or close to status "5". Else, you can add the new applicable value and then valuate/close the results.

Please can you model these feedback in your quality system and suggest if this is working as expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I set it up using the FM in the inspection plan and checked the box for calculate formula within the MIC in the inspection plan. When going to QE51N to do results recording, we see:

The MIC itself is greyed out and it does not kick off the FM upon entering results recording, it kicks it off when you click to calculate. While this could work in filling in the value, it's not really easier than users typing in 10 every time. Also it doesn't look like it is allowing me to change the value. This would be an innovative solution for passing a variable into multiple equations though.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies for any inconvenience. Well, if this approach is not fully helping your case then you can try checking the user exits below to fulfill your requirements -

QEEM0029         User-Exit for Characteristic Overview Subscreen             |

QEEM0030         User-Exit for Subscreen: Characteristic Single Screen

Please check if any of these above exits is helpful in pre-populating MIC - default value for lower limits.

Attaching an old discussion thread in this context for your inputs.

Thanks Sujit Gujar.

Attaching some more discussion threads which may give you more pointers -