cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load file or assembly CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Commonls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a problem with Crystal Reports. I use visual studio 2013 on my PC and have installed support pack 12 of crystal reports on my computer. However, this error occurs on visual studio: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Commonls, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Simply put. The file does not exist on my computer and it hasn't been installed with crystal reports. I've tried reinstalling over and over. I've tried different support pack versions, tried using visual studio 2012 and I've also looked up solutions online for my problem. So far I haven't found any solution. Does anyone know why I'm not getting CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Commonls after the install? And also how can I solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

H Shaun

In what version of CR did you have the CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Commonls Assembly?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

In SAP Crystal Reports 2013

0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Are you using Business One? I searched for that file in our CR for VS and BI 4.x source folders and it's not there so thinking possibly it's something the B1 build team may have created...

What functions are erroring with that assembly missing in your project?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Turns out I have a lot of errors going on in the start page of the website as you can see below:

I'm completely new to crystal reports and have to work with a site that uses it. Of course I didn't have crystal reports installed on my PC so I probably installed the wrong file. Any tips on what I should install so I can start working on the website ?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to install the Crystal for VS SDK.  You can download it here:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824.  Use the "Install Executable" to integrate the SDK into Visual Studio.  All of the other downloads are for the various types of runtimes that you can use to deploy the application.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

I installed the Crystal for VS SDK and the errors shown in the image are gone. However it's still giving me the CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Commonls error

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this code that you're upgrading from a previous version of Visual Studio?  If so that assembly may not exist any more.  There were some major changes in the SDK between the CR2008/BO XI 3.1 version and the CR201x/BO 4.x versions.  I would try taking this assembly out of your references and see whether your app will now work.

-Dell

Answers (0)