cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Load report failed." Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

System Error: "Load report failed."

Inner Exception: "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

Source: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine (version 10.0.3300.0)

StackTrace:

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

I am running Visual Studio 2012, and my code is VB.NET.

This happens when I try to load the report, from the beginning. I do not have the report open (as a Google find suggested) and the report is not read-only. I am not sure where as to look, and will continue to research, until I hear back.

Any help would be appreciated! I know it's something silly... just need a little push, to figure out WHAT is causing the issue.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The version of the SDK you're using (10.0.3300.0) will NOT work with VS 2012.  You'll need to upgrade to the latest version of the SDK, which you can find here:  .  Download and install the latest "Install Executable" to get the integration into Visual Studio.  The other downloads on the same line are for the various types of runtime installs that are available for deploying your application.

Also note that the new version of the SDK (13.x) does NOT play well side-by-side with the old version (10.x).  So, you'll need to do one of two things:

1.  Uninstall the old version of the SDK from your development computer.  This means you will not be able to maintain/update any old code developed in earlier versions of VS.

2.  Create and use a VM that has VS 2012 and the new SDK for development of your app.

-Dell

Answers (0)