cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting errors in Crystal Reports XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several users that I support that run Crystal Reports XI.  Something has happened today that they are all getting scripting errors.

I have reset java and upgraded java and still getting these same errors.  Has anyone else come across these?  If so, how to do I fix them?

Thanks,
Marq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marq,

There is currently an issue on the SAP Server, where the Start Page points to.
It is currently being investigated at SAP.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this cause, but note that Crystal Reports is fully functional, it is only the Start Page that display error when starting Crystal Reports.

For future reference regarding this issue, and updates on this type of issue, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article:

1205429 - Error: "An error has occurred in this script on this page" when opening Crystal Reports

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I have the Crystal software installed on my PC and I am still getting these script errors today.  I don't have the option to disable the Start Page to bypass these errors.    Is there an update I need to install to fix these errors? 

Thank you.

Marlene

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marlene,

The Start Page Server issue has been resolved last Friday, 2015/01/23, and it will now display correctly when starting Crystal Reports.

No update of Crystal Reports is requires since the issue was on the Start Page Server, not on the client side.

Since you are still experiencing the issue, it is because the information is cache in IE. The solution will be to clear your Microsoft Internet Explorer cache, and restart Crystal Reports.

And if you do not need the Start Page info, you can always perform the modification suggested in the following SAP Knowledge Base Article:

1183868 - How to modify Crystal Reports Start Page?

For future reference regarding this type of issue, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Article :

1205429 - Error: "An error has occurred in this script on this page" when opening Crystal Reports

Patrick

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this fix(work around) that worked for me.

The Crystal Reports® Underground

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your suggestion. Note that this information is already documented in the SAP Knowledge Base Article:

1183868 - How to modify Crystal Reports Start Page?

Good News: The Start Page Server issue has now been resolved, and it will now display correctly when starting Crystal Reports.
Note: If you are still experiencing the issue, ensure you clear your Microsoft Internet Explorer cache, and restart Crystal Reports.

For future reference regarding this type of issue, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Article :

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just FYI, I'm using Crystal Reports 2013 and I am experiencing the same issue.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There could be something wrong with the website CR tries to connect to. I'm having the same issue as well.

You can disable the Start Page by Going to Help > Uncheck 'Show Start Page'.

-Abhilash

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Updating to CR XI R2 (v. 11.5) may not be a bad idea either. See this blog on how to:

Other than that, remember CR XI as well as CR XI R2 are out of support....

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is happening when they open Crystal, I believe that this is due to changes in the web pages that the "Start Page" of Crystal connects to when opening Crystal.  If that's what it is, it will NOT affect anything inside of Crystal itself, so the error can be ignored.

-Dell