cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Migration Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm currently testing the data migration for asset, using the extended import template, how I'm getting the following error

" Duplicate record for inventory ID XXXXXXX check value conversion"

Does anyone know how to correct this error. I tried different combination of number but none seem to work.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal

I have been able to resolve the issue. I have another issue with the import of assets by using the extended migration template.

We have a fiscal year from January to December our first year is 2014, our data migration date is 01.01.2014. We want to use the extended asset migration template as we are wanting to bring through transaction of each valuation of asset.  The issue i'm currently getting is with regards to the migration date during the simulation I get an error

"Posting Date 01.01.2014 must be migration date for movement category 07" can you point me in the right direction should I be using Movement Category 08 instead?

Thank you in advance, below is what I'm trying to import

0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

before addressing the movement category, I would like to question first the migration posting date.

If you want to start with the beginning of the fiscal year 2014, then best practice would be to use 31.12.2013  (not 01.01.2014) as migration posting date for all Accounting Transactional data including Fixed Asset per 31.12.2013, and close the period after successful migration.

However, do you really want to migrate as per a day which is more than 1 year in the past? How are you going to handle the >12 months of transactions since then? What is the strategy here?

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply Michael

Some background.

The client has a fiscal year from Jan to December 2014, client wanted to bring though the balance movement for month manually as journals. So the migration date was set to 01.01.2014 so journal can be created.

In regards to the asset registers (valuations), customer just wants to be bring through as opening balances Acquisition and Accumulated depreciation for 2015 for both the tax  & accounting. We were able to use the standard migration template however the customer has different valuation for tax and account.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio

I think you should change the posting date here rather than changing the Movement Category type.

If you are trying to post the Acquisition and depreciation related to previous years, then you should use the movement category 7 as this is intended for historical data. But the posting date should be the last date of the fiscal year.

If the acquisition and depreciation relates to the current year, then you should use the movement category 8.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Thank you for your reply Parveen

I only want to load the Asset balances as per the previous year 2014. I have used category type 7 with the posting date of 31/12/2014 which is the last day of the 2014 fiscal year. But now I'm getting an error that the posting date 31.12.2014 is behind the migration date.

Do you have any suggestion on why I'm getting this error. We have a migration date of 01.01.2014 as we wanted to load up the movements for each period.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

I still think that 1/1/2014 is not the right choice for the migration posting date. Already to ensure consistency between the G/L account balances and all subledger accounts, all accounting transactional data should be as per the same day, as a result of a trial balance of that day.

Can you give more details why not taking 31/12/2014 as migration posting date? Is it only about month end balance comparison for the 2014 periods, or are there additional reasons?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

We have already loaded the month end balances for the 2014 year, now just wanting to load the asset register as at 31.12.2014

Within the migration template I have changed the valuation and posting date to be 31.12.2014 used Migration of Accumulated Values (Last Period Previous Year) as my movement category, this time I'm getting an error that read "posting date 31.12.2014 is behind the migration date".

Thank you for your help

Antonio

0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

good decision to migrate with end of 2014.

The error message tells you that you have to adjust the migration date to the new migration date . Herefore please go to General Ledger -> Master Data -> Companies. Here you see the current posting date for migration. Now call the action "Set Posting Date for Migration" and set it to 31.12.14

Best regards

Marlene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marlene,

The error message has now disappear with regards to the migration date, but now I'm getting a new error message

"SubledgerLineItemTypeCode 01000 exists twice within MovementCategory 07"

Do you know what this means?

0 Kudos

Hi Antonio

this is now an error from the Fixed Asset Template validation. For me it looks like you map to different values to the same SubledgerLineItemTypeCode. You need to check the mapping in the validation, because I guess your file has different lines.

Best regards

Marlene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marlene,

I will have to raise an incident as I cannot figure this one out. I checked the mapping and you correct

The accumulated depreciation looks wrong, I've tried other line item type such as but none seem to work

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

for depreciation 01000 is definitely wrong, as that is for APC.

It would be helpful to see the value conversions for the movement categories of these lines.

Depreciaton of current year should be 01205 (I think with movement category 06),

cumulated depreciation of previous years should be 01005 (I think with movement category 08).

I am not an fixed asset expert, so not 100% sure, but a test migration into a test system should confirm, whether everything is showing up in the right columns of your asset register.

Regards

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

As mentioned by you in the incident,

You were able to resolve the error : SubledgerLineItemTypeCode 01000 exists twice within MovementCategory 07.

However the new error came up, after correcting the above error.

Error : Asset INTERN-00001 val.view 3: Posting leads to different acquisition cost amount

Reason behind this error is the missing values for the valuation view 3.

- Set of books settings.

1) Go to Business configuration work center

2) Select implementation project view

3) Select project and click on open activity list

4) Go to Integrate and extend tab

5) Search for activity : Set of books and open it

6) Select the set of books and click on Edit

7) Go to Fixed asset settings

Here you can see the maintained valuation views.

Since you are using the extended template to migrate the fixed assets, you have to specify the values for all the set of books and all valuation views combination for each asset in the asset postings lines Tab.

In the migration template, you have only maintained values for the valuation view 1 and 2.

Hence enter the values for all set of books and all the valuation view combination and try the migration again.

I hope this will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Harshal

All is working now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

I tried loading the extended template asset into production by now I'm getting an error message saying

"Oject FIA_Fixed_Asset is currently not open for data migration specific changes"

Would you know what this error is referring to.

0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

did you finish your implementation project already by confirmed the activity “Perform Cutover”?

A consequence of this confirmation would be,  that your system is switching to life usage, and a protection against parallel data migration in parallel to operational usage is being activated for all accounting objects (as well some other critical transactional data objects).

If that is the case, you will need a change project that contains this activity in its scope, after merging back the change project the corresponding migration objects will be open for migration - until this project is being confirmed, then the protection again becomes effective.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Micheal

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

The issue is related to the valuation view and IDs being maintained in the system.

There is an issue in the validation step where it compares the valuation view content with the ID here.

The Id maintained is expected to be same as system.

You can verify the This in the set of books assignment to Valuation view assignment.

The error message with respect to duplicate inventory id is misleading.

Can you please check this and let me know.

In case you still face the same error, Please report an incident to SAP for the manual correction (Along with your permission for the correction in your system)

Regards,

Harshal