cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The system cannot find the path specified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following error when trying to export a document in c# (visual studio 2010) with a specific font:

The system cannot find the path specified.

The font is bar code 39 e (http://www.barcodingfonts.com/).   I don't know if it is relevant but it is marked as not embeddable.

It works with other barcodes fonts.

The version of the assemblies I'm using is 13.0.2000.0

Process monitor does not show anything, so I don't know what path it tries to access.

I've seen other posts and this seems to be a catch all error so I'm at a loss to troubleshoot the problem.

Here's the code:

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.ExportOptions exportOptions = new CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.ExportOptions();      

exportOptions.ExportFormatType = CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.CrReportExportFormatEnum.crReportExportFormatPDF;

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PDFExportFormatOptions PDFexportOptions = new CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PDFExportFormatOptions();

PDFexportOptions.StartPageNumber = 1;

PDFexportOptions.EndPageNumber = 2;

PDFexportOptions.CreateBookmarksFromGroupTree = true;

exportOptions.FormatOptions = PDFexportOptions;

var test = crs.ReportDocument.ReportClientDocument.PrintOutputController.ExportEx(exportOptions).ByteArray;

It's the last line that throws the exception.  I have also tried with

crs.ReportDocument.ExportToDisk(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, "c:\test.pdf");

and I get the same error.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Fonts must be True Type and according to their licensing:

Embedding in PDFs: The retail version of these fonts will not embed in a pdf file. Embeddable fonts for pdf files require a special license.

Do you have the Special License? If not use a different one.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for the answer.

I have seen a post from you from 2010 that says you cannot prevent the font embedding.

Has that feature been added or is it still the case?

0 Kudos

Still the same, it's not our call to bypass Their licensing for fonts. If they allow it then we can embed, if not you have to find one that does allow embedding.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks.  Just for the record, I did not want to bypass the protection, I just wanted to not embed the font in the pdf and use the font on the user's computer.

Answers (0)