cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Prompts in Dashboards 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created parameters in HANA and trying to fetch the same in Dashboards.There are some filters also created at query level in Dashboards.

Now I am able to select only local filters created and unable to select the prompts created from HANA Parameters.

Kindly need help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your source to HANA ? have you kept the filters as well in the source ?

Ex : if your flow is BW --> HANA --> Dashboard, then you cannot create same filter/prompts in BW & HANA. Try to keep at any one level. Please check the below Note.

2103395 - BW variable grayed out in the query browser in Dashboard

Symptom

• Variable defined at BW/HANA is grayed out in the query browser in Dashboards when there is another filter applied while creating the query in Dashboards.
  • Prompts defined at the universe level are grayed out when there is another filter applied while creating the query in Dashboards.

Environment

• SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0
  • SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1
  • SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0
  • SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1

Reproducing the IssueScenario 1:

1. Create a variable at the BW or HANA level.
  2. In Dashboards, create a query with a filter i.e. drag a object in the filter section.

It is observed that the BW/HANA variable is grayed out.If the filter in the query browser is not applied then the BW/variable is not grayed out.Scenario 2:

1. Create a prompt in the IDT.
  2. In Dashboards, create a query with a filter i.e. drag a object in the filter section.

It is observed that the prompt defined in IDT is grayed out.If the filter in the query browser is not applied then the BW/variable is not grayed out.

Cause

The filtering of data cannot be done at both the BW/HANA level and the Dashboards level.

Resolution

Data should be filtered either at the BW/HANA level or at the Dashboards level but not on both the levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Suman.

I have Parameters created in HANA level and Filters in Dashboard level. I will create all filters at HANA level itself. So I think that will solve my issue as you said.

Regards,

Zenith

Answers (0)