Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation dialog in Leave Request

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to display a dialog in Leave Request application (FPM_OVP_COMPONENT, HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL) when the value is selected in a drop down. I will try to make it more clear with the screen shots below:

1. I want to display the dialog box when the 'Type of Leave' is selected and for certain leaves only:

2. Here are the technical details of the field, and I see the FPM event 'LRF_TYPE_OF_LEAVE_SET()' is assigned to the field:

3. There's a dialog page already existing in the configuration. Can I use the same page with different messages while opening it to the user?

This configuration using the feeder class 'CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF', but I do not see any FPM events within this.

Please suggest how can I achieve this?

Thank you,

Balajii

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The event that is triggered while selecting type of leave is 'LRF_TYPE_OF_LEAVE_SET'. So you can create a post exit method for process_event method of the feeder class and implement code as shown in screenshot attached.

Note: DIALOG_PAGE is the page id of the page you want to open as a dialog.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the hepful suggestion, will try this and let you know.

-Balajii

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

What's the my_event_id that I should use in the CASE statement?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I tried, the event that got triggered was 'LRF_TYPE_OF_LEAVE_SET'.So you could use the same id. Anyway to confirm, you can keep an external break point in process event method and check for the value of io_event->mv_event_id.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the prompt response. I got the same event.

But from the CORE_OBJECT I can't find the variable MV_GLOBAL (coreobject->mv_global). Am I missing something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your initial query you mentioned feeder class CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVEREQ_GUIBBF. So please keep a break point in IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~PROCESS_EVENT method. There is a parameter IO_EVENT.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new Dialog Box page type in the Z component configuration and able to display that on event from the PROCESS_EVENT.

Is there a way that I can add the text to this dialog box through coding?

Thank you,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your requirement clearly with some screen shots.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm trying to display some message in a dialog box for certain types of leaves. Now, I display the dialog box, I want to add some text to it. Can you help me with adding some text to dialog box.?

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can do it in the wd component which you show as a dialog.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the dialog that I have shown was a dialog page that I have created in the z component config. There's no separate component for that. Should I create one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are you showing as a dialog page.I hope its a wd component.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new dialog page within the Z component configuration that I have created for the leave request. Please check the screen shot below:

I am able to display the dialog upon selecting the leave type. But I want to add text based on the leave type that was selected. Can you please let me know, how could I add text to this?

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Any suggestions? Let me know if I am not clear enough.