cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detailed navigation problem in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We have created the custom Launchpad for ESS using the lpd_cust and its working fine in the portal, but the problem I am facing is I am unable to see the detailed navigation in the portal.Please find the below screenshot.

When I click on the Leave request, the application is loading fine but I am unable to navigate to the working time .

In the above screen shot I can see only the overview link ,if I want to navigate someother application once again I have click on ESS and check.For MSS navigation is coming fine as we are using standard menu .

I have checked in the other browsers as well.Can anyone tell me am I missing anything ??or what needs to set to fix the above issue??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can take influence on that behaviour by changing PCD properties on affected objects, com.sap.portal.reserved.iview.NavPanelStatus for iViews e.g.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the reply. The above applications which all are added to the custom ess menu are WDA applications which are added from the backend.

I am unable to check the PCD properties WDA applications, Is their anyway to check the properties of the applications??

Below is the screenshot of the lpd_cust

Former Member
0 Kudos

PCD objects are EP objects, so you need to do it in the content administration of EP. You could ask your EP consultant to help you on that if you are not familiar with

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above applications are not present in the conent admin, the above applications are directly calling from the ECC, we have actived the services in SICF to call the ESS applications from the portal.

Any other suggestions ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have lack of basic knowledge how EP is working in general, nearly every object you use in EP through role navigation is represented with an appropriate object in the PCD. In your case through appropriate BP resp remote iViews. Again, not an offence, but if you have absolutely no idea how this works, it better to get help from people who do

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

I have an idea in roles/iviews and worksets in the portal. let me explain you in detail as part of ess implementation we have deployed the BP's and we have got the following folder in the portal content-->content provided by SAP-->endusercontent-->ESS

The WDA employee self service role contains only overview page.we have added the iviews to this role using the applications parameters in the lpd_cust.

below is the screenshot of MSS role which is working fine .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes and those PCD objects have properties identical or analogous to the one I pointed you to in my first answer to control the behaviour of the DTN. Customize them and you will achieve your goal

cheers