Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical system/ALE..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all..

I have some doubts on logical system and ALE please help to clarify

If I create new entries for logical systems (bd54) in HR DEV for ECC DEV/QA/PRD, SRM DEV/QA/PRD and transport it to HR QA where I have already defined logical systems for the partner systems (i.e. HR QA to ECC QA/ SRM QA) would it jeopardize the entire ALE configuration/distribution model set-up already?

Best practice is to create logical systems individually i.e HR DEV to ECC DEV/SRM DEV , HR QA to ECC QA/SRM QA or create an entry for all ECC DEV/QA/PRD in HR DEV and transport it thru the HR landscape..

Please share your thoughts

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

The best practice would be to create all the logsys for a all product (ecc, srm, hr) / systems / clients  in the dev of each product line, and transport the associated transport in all the system / clients of the line.

It might be possible to use one CTS order for all the system, even if it is not recommended because the BD54 associated transport order are very simple (only entries from tables TBDLS & TBDLST that to my knowledge has the same structure for all SAP ABAP product & versions)

This should not break you ALE configuration as far as your are not deleting with your transport orders logsys that ware used in ALE config.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your response. I have maintained the entries in the respective DEV/QAS/PRD system itself..

Answers (0)