cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cope with different import currency rates in Venezuela

0 Kudos

We are a multinational company with HQ in Europe. Our sales org in Venezuela imports goods from Europe. Depending on governmental authorizations in Venezuela, we can import our goods at different exchange rates (USD/VEB).(All sales to Venezuela are done in USD).

We currently have an authorization to import goods for up to $ 2 000 000, at the rate of 1 $ = 6,3 VEB.

All imports above this value we need to import at the rate of 1 $ = 50 VEB.

The same product can thus be imported at different rates.

The legal requirement is that when the same product is imported at different rates, the stock value must be followed up separately, and at time of sale to the customer, the COGS must also be assigned correctly.

E.g. if a product is imported at $ 100, it can be stored at either the value of VEB 630 or VEB 5000. the cogs must then also be either 630 or 5000.

What would be the recommended solution to handle this in SAP ? I see the following possibililties :

+  use different valuation types for the same material

+  use different plants with different standard cost prices

+ set up 3 company codes, to separate the stock values

I'd like to know what the experience is of other companies running SAP how they handle this requirement, and what their experience is (pro's /con's of the solution they implemented).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I realized that this post is on the wrong place. I close it and post it again on ERP SAP financials (don't know how to move this post to another place

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

The easiest way is to click on Alert Moderator, then select the category of Wrong Space, then put the correct space in the comments.  A moderator for its current space can then make the move for you (generally pretty quickly in a space like SAP for Mobile).

Good luck with the answer on Venezuelan currency.  They have some rather difficult rules on currency exchanges there from what I remember.

Cheers, Mike
SAP P&I Technology RIG

Answers (0)