cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with partial retirement of revaluation value of an asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created an asset with post-capitalization and posted revaluation value(without any acquisition) let say 1000 by using T.Code: ABAW with TType:800.

After that I decided that to retire some part of the value say 200 by using T.Code: ABAON(asset sale without customer) with the selection parameters of manual revenue say 200 and  in the partial retirement tab, I have entered 200 in amount posted field and select from current year acquisition button. But system is throwing a error is

Retirement of new acquisition not possible (Transaction total = 0)

for the same when I select the prior year acquisition with percentage rate instead of amount system use to post the entry.

last year system was upgraded, and from the date of up gradation we are facing the issue earlier we use to post with out any error.

Please let me know any reason.

Regards,

Kuppam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The described errors appears also  when incorrect transaction type is used, specifically in relation to the transaction type group.

In normal case the transaction types 800 and 200 are previous-year acquisition transaction types (XZUGNE = Initial).

Could you please cheek your transaction types.

TABW

MANDT BWASL BWAGRP

004          800          81

004          200          20

TABWG

BWAGRP XZUGNE

20                  initial            
81                  initial

For example, if you use a transaction type which belongs  XZUGNE = X  (Current-year acquisition transaction) but there are no current year acquisitions (or the opposite).

Best regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your reply and system always will trigger at the time of retirement TType is: 210 for previous year acquisition asset and TType: 260 for current year acquisition asset. Here the transaction group is for 260 always 25 and for 210 is  20 this is standard which is correct.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Another customer had a similar issue  where revaluation postings were involved initially on the asset. The problem was that revaluation of previous year values was posted using a current year transaction type. This created then a problem with AA417.

best regards

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

what will be the solution for this issue, please let me know.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

In this case the solution was to use another transaction type.

Perhaps you can check with different transaction types and also with different values dates / posting dates.  Maybe this leads to a idea. Otherwise it has to be debugged on the system.

Best regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

I was tried with different TType also, but system is not allowing me to do the transaction.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuppam,

AA417 should not be promoted if you do the posting on a "posting date" >=  "value date" in which you posted this last amount.

If this is not the reason, I might ask you to check  if a dep. area is assigned to  a group asset and the transactions on this area amount to zero. (In this case a  solution could be to temporarily remove the assignment to group asset.)

Please also note that in such "calculation" the system differentiates between current year and previous year transaction.

Best regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your reply and I use to post with same date for document date, posting date and value date but no use.

I have checked in the system as no assignments have made for group assets of depreciation area.