cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System landscape and cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the Cloud Tenant Landscape document slides 9,10 and 11 provide options for the tenant setup during the Implementation project.

The 'Standard' option on slide 9 shows just 2 Tenants (Test and Production) while slides 10 and 11 show the 3 Tenant options.

I had previously thought that all Implementation Projects for ByDesign used 3 Tenants, initial for configuration, production and test (for data migration testing).

Can someone please confirm if there are really only 2 Tenants (Test and Production) used during an Implemenation Project?

Does anyone know how to get the 3 Tenant option if required, or is this just done by requesting a system in the normal Incident Request format.

Also is there an additional cost to the 3 Tenant Implementation approach, even though once the client goes live they will just keep 2 Tenants.

Finally, SAP allow for 2 Tenants (Test and Production) once the client has gone live. I know that it is possible to get a third permanent Test tenant if required. Can someone tell me how much a 3rd permanent test Tenant costs ?

I do understand that some clients may have more than 2 tenants unoffically, however I would like to know how much it would cost to ensure a permanet test tenant correctly.

I hope the above questions are clear.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kevin Ward

In recent past ByD Tenant structure has changed as you know in year 2013 Process was different from the current process where we would have a Production system First and after scoping system and Fine tune we Order for Test system.

but i believe after 13.08 release this changed and we had process of Test first and then Production system.

For your requirement of 3 tire landscape of

Development = Initial test system

Quality= New test system (order from old test system with solution profile copy Testing you Cutover)

Production.

When we order New Test system for testing Cutover new need to mention Decommission date of our Initial Test system (Number of Days from order of New system) 

And after Go live its always better to Order New test system and Decommission Test system order for Cutover testing, Its always better to have a Replica of Production after Golive to test some real time issues.

With regard to Maximum system that could be ordered I believe its 2 at a time

Production System and a Test. If you would like to have one more Test system then Its better you raise Incident with SAP Support and clarify with regard to Additional cost and its process.

Hope my inputs was Helpful.

Regards

Raviprasad Pai B