cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting multiple external JAVA Adapter

0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

our team is trying to run several (3+) different external Adapters in the same ESP Cluster simultaneously .

We used the following provided JAVA libraries to write our Java Adapters :

• com.sybase.esp.adapter.api.Adapter
  • com.sybase.esp.adapter.api.AdapterController

I want to highlight, that each of the adapters are completely different and also have different tasks.

Now I have the problem that when I start one or more projects on my local cluster only one adapter is starting. The status of the other adapters is DEAD and When I try to start them manual with the start-command via command line I am getting the message " ... Adapter status: {0}".

Additionally, the status-command is returning:  "...  Adapter status: running".

It seems ESP cannot differentiate multiple adapters.

Are you aware of this problem and could provide a solution? Maybe I am wrong in some points but I hope you can help me to clarify them.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Lukas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Some more information: I followed the instruction given by the adapter example in the ESP installation folder %ESP_HOME%\adapters\sample\README

It would be also interesting where I can find the documentation of the used libraries e.g. com.sybase.esp.adapter.api ... .

Thanks!

Lukas

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What version of ESP do you have?  I have the current version, SP09 installed, and I don't have the samples directory you seem to have.

The documentation for the Adapter Toolkit is here: Event Stream Processor Adapter Toolkit - SAP Event Stream Processor: Building Custom Adapters - SAP ...

And the javadoc is in:  %ESP_HOME%\doc\adaptertoolkit

0 Kudos

I am using SP08 and my exact path is ...\Sybase\ESP-5_1\adapters\sample\README. Maybe these instructions have been removed from SP08 to SP09.

I am aware of the adapter toolkit, but we use the

Adapter Integration Framework - SAP Event Stream Processor: Building Custom Adapters - SAP Library

and I cannot find the javadoc or a working example of this framework.

In particular: where can I find a documentation of the following java libs:

import com.sybase.esp.adapter.api.Adapter;

import com.sybase.esp.adapter.api.AdapterController;

import com.sybase.esp.adapter.api.AepUtils;

import com.sybase.esp.adapter.api.AepUtilsFactory;

import com.sybase.esp.adapter.api.I18NUtil;

import com.sybase.esp.adapter.api.pubsub.SpUtils;

Thanks and regards,

Lukas

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Let me provide a bit of an overview:

The Adapter Integration Framework is not a Java API.  It is a means of allowing adapters to run as "managed adapters" under the control of a CCL project and also to appear in the Studio palette and be configurable via Studio tools.  It defines the formal of an xml file (.cnxml) that tells the studio and server how to start, stop and configure the adapter.

Java adapters can be built in two ways:

1. the easiest is to use the ESP Adapter Toolkit.  The doc is here: Event Stream Processor Adapter Toolkit - SAP Event Stream Processor: Building Custom Adapters - SAP ... and the java doc is in %ESP_HOME%\doc\adaptertoolkit

2. The other option is to use the Java SDK directly.  The Adapter Framework uses this, but also does other work for you.  But in some cases you may prefer to work at this level.  The javadoc for the Java SDK is here:   %ESP_HOME%\doc\sdk\java. There is also info in the doc set: Java External Adapters - SAP Event Stream Processor: Building Custom Adapters - SAP Library

Note: all of the above is for ESP SP09. There may be slight differences with SP08.

I don't recognize the classes you list above.  Did you leave out the "sdk" bit?  They look like Java sdk classes, but those would be, eg. in the package: com.sybase.esp.sdk.adapter

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas - it's not obvious to me what the problem is, but you can certainly run multiple adapters on the ESP cluster.  I'll be sure someone take a look at this and provides you with some troubleshooting tips.