cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow up material - MRP Run issue for Production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a issue in the follow up material scenario for production orders.

Suppose We have a FG material A and it has component B.

Component B is discontinued and replaced by C. Which is maintained in the MRP 4 view of Component B.

If i create a Production order for 300 CS for Material A (FG). And requirement for Component is 1:1 for eg.

Stock available for B is 50 PC, and Stock for C (New material) is zero.

When we create a planned order and then we run the MRP Run for the component B and C, Requirement is created for 50 Pc for B Component and 250 for C Component.

But if we convert the Planned order to Production order, it does not behaves as above. If i run the MRP after PO is created, Then requirement goes to Component B (300 PC) as Ord.Res, and no PReq is created. And also the Subsequent material C does not have any requirement.

Can anyone help is there any config to be done to meet the above requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The discontinuation for a production order is different than the discontinuation for a planned order.

Please read carefully the following note:

43636 - Discontinued parts

This note explains that, "for dependent reservations for a production order, the discontinued parts is carried out in accordance with the ATP situation at the time of the availability check."

For a planned order, the discontinuation is carried out during the MRP run, therefore, it's a completely different logic.

You must check if the ATP check was carried out for your production order.

Regards

Caeano

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shailesh,

Please check below document and please also check the BOM setting as per mention in below document.

Some setting required for single Discontinuation in BOM

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53212

Please check and confirm the same

Regards

Umesh Mali

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaliesh,

Check whether SL02 is excluded from MRP go to MM display enter Material,Plant and SL SL02 in MRP4 view see whether that particular location is excluded from MRP.

If A material is discontinued with effective out date then requirement would pass to B material automatically.

BR
KK

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaliesh,,

This is a different problem. I would recommed to open a thread for different problems, but bedore openinig a new thread or posting a question, please search. A storage location excluded from the MRP is a common problem answered several times in different threads.

Kind Regards,

Mariano