cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPG5 - How to find the source table of a structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I`m trying to customize the graphical object type selection for the planning board through OPG5. Thus, I`m first trying to understand the decision steps.

But I can`t find where sap gets its fields...

For instance in the Graphical object selection SAP___OA02, the second line (decision status 0, decision seq. 2) is :

If

Structure AFVG

GrpngFldName OBJNR

Rel. Operator ST

Comparison Value SAP005

But I don`t know what AFVG-OBJNR is ?

I tried looking at structures trough se84 > RIS > ABAP dictionnary but it can`t find AFVG in any object.

Could you help me understand that point by explaining me how to find that information ?

Indeed, this is just an example and I might have the same problem with other decision steps calling other structures...

Regards,

Karim.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

AFVG represents the order operations from table AFVC.

Therefore, check the field OBJNR on table AFVC.

Regards

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help but what I`d like to know is : how do I get this information ?

Do you know all SAP tables by heart or where dit you find this information ?

Thanks,

Karim.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks everybody.

I would have thought that there was somewhere I could see the structure, or a « physical link » between those objects instead of just guessing from the description but that's ok if it works that way...

Sorry for insinsting on this point and thanks for your help

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

You can not see AFVG. Try with table AFVGD: Dialog table for Table AFVG (order operation). You can see AFVGD in SE11.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this answer but the main question is HOW do I know that I have to look at AFVGD ? WHERE do I get the link between those tables ?

Sorry for repeating myself but I don't only want to get the fish, I want to learn how to fish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karim -

In the configuration, the structure is identified as AFVG and if you view the description it says Order Operations.  If you are referring to production orders this would result in table AFVC as identified by Caetano.  If you use SE11 to view AFVC you can then see the OBJNR field.

You can view what information is in this table by taking an example production order in your system and either use SE16 to view the table data or build a query in SQVI.

Hope that helps.

Rachael

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karim,

In this case, you can write AFV* in SE11 and you will see all the tables..

You will see AFVGD and in the description you will see: Dialog table for Table AFVG (order operation).

You can also use AFVC, as is mentioned by the experts.

Kind Regards,

Mariano