cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project GUID and TASK GUID table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a table where I can find Project GUID and Task GUID connection?

br,

Morten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Morten,

The cProjects data model is structured using GUID, which means each object can be uniquely identified. Tables DPR_TASK, DPR_PROJECT only hold information for each individual object.

You can find the link between the two in table CGPL_TASK, where:

GUID                        TYPE     CGPL_TASK_GUID

PROJECT_GUID      TYPE     CGPL_PROJECT_GUID

This table will NOT however give you the hierarchy level, if the task is directly under the project definition or are there entities in between... but I guess you don't care about that.

Hope it helps, and if so, please award points

Good luck,

Tudor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tudor,

As far as I can see the PROJECT_GUID in CGPL_TASK is actually the Phase GUID and not the Project GUID.

The GUID is in fact the Task GUID, though.

Can you confirm this?

Br,

Morten

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I guess you right, the Project_GUID field only contains the actual Project GUID when the Task Type = TPO (Directly under Project Definition). I guess you'll have to use CGPL_HIERARCHY. As far as I remember, the Project GUID column in CGPL_HIERARCHY is checked against CGPL_PROJECT. I don't have access to a PPM system right now, so I'm not entirely sure...

But the recommendation from SAP is not to use the tables directly, but go through the data access classes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two reports in the system, which are very powerful in this aspect:

1. DPR_GUID_ANALYZE: starting with a given guid and find all the tables where this guid occurs.

2. DPR_GET_TREE:         starting with a given guid, any project element external ID or even space 🙂 (use then the last used project ID), find all the tables contains the all hierarchy  elements.  If you start with an sub-elements (e..g task), then the  path to root.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Thanks for you input. Which SP does this come with? We are on 5.0 SP7

br,

Morten

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morten,