Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit Gasoline by Mileage and Car Rental

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario.

I use own car for transportation to reach Airport. I am paid by my company on Mileage basis for my gasoline. I want to track this in TRIP.

Secondly, I reach my destination city by flight. After reaching the destination, I hire Taxi/Car on Rent. I travel by car and when I return the car, I need to pay the Rent and also fill gasoline for the car.

I want to reimburse both Car Rental and Gasoline and show the charges separately. At the same time, I want to submit the distance covered and mileage in the same travel expense report.

Kindly suggest, how to implement in Travel Management.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no big deal:

- activate mileage area in FITVFELD per trip scheme. Maintan car types and car classes in IMG. Maintain mileage amounts in T706F

- create expense types gasoline and car rental, including field control, wage type and GL account settings via IMG.

Ready.

cheers, Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnot find Mileage Area per trip schema in FITVFELD. How mileage calculates if I maintain Mileage in T706F?

Please explain this point, "create expense types gasoline and car rental, including field control, wage type and GL account settings via IMG".

What exactly needs to be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you click on trip scheme in FITVFELD, you will find the main controls on the right side of your screen. Somewhere in the middle, there is a checkbox to activate mileage tab in PR05/ mileage toggle in TRIP. As a result, mileage area for kilometer entry per car class/ car type will be visible. Single field properties can be set in the "mileage" folder of FITVFELD.

To create expense types, follow the relevant IMG settings. This is very basic question which I will not explain here. IMG docu and help.sap.com is very good on this.

cheers, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

all works 100% in standard.

It's all simple receipt based expense types except for mileage in your own car, which is calculated on no if miles.

The one thing that isn't clear to me: do you also want to track the distance travelled in the rental car although it's reimbursed by receipt? If so you need to create a special vehicle type with a zero rate per mile and then you can capture that mileage on that vehicle type for info reasons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Incase of Car rental, there is no distance wise reimbursement. Can you pls explian the config steps, since I find there is no config done except Create Travel Expense Types for Per Diems/Flat Rates.

Also, I am not aware, as to how the system will treat, Mileage Reimbursement.

Can anybody explain?