Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping: JCO Communication Failure and HTTP Error: Sending Message

brian_briones
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have the next problem on SAP PI 7.3 DUAL STACK.

On PI Production I'm get this error..

Mapping: JCO Communication Failure during 4 minutes  and after change to  HTTP Error: Sending Message for 1-2 mnts aprox.

After of 5 minutes the interfaces work fine.

This error It has happened to me three times aprox.

ERROR:

JCO Communication Failure

HTTP Error: Sending Message

do you have any Idea for solution this problem?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It could be issue with gateway, SAP J2EE engine or the JCo service. Pls check dev_rd logs and garbage collection details in std_server<n>.out file. If these two are fine, the number of connections to JCo RFC may not be sufficient. Increase MaxConnections and MaxProcesses in the properties of the JCo RFC Provider service to say 30 and then increase the server count of AI_RUNTIME_PIP JCo destination to 30.

Increasing the number of max allowed connections will increase the java heap memory usage, therefore it is important to check that there are no long running gc recorded in std_server<n>.out file.

brian_briones
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank for your answer.

The AI_RUNTIME_PIP Server Count have  10, increase this one to 30?

not find the MaxConnections and MaxProcesses values...

please help!

regards and thank

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would suggest increasing server count in steps of 10. Since it is set to 10, change to 20 (for the systems I have seen, the default is 20).

You can change MaxConnections and MaxProcesses from http://<host>:<port>/nwa/sys-config. Click on JCo RFC Provider service and change these two properties. Since you are now going for 20 as the max server count, increase these values to 20.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

A server count of 20 is not recommended. Please adjust as per the following KBA 2001103 - How to set the SAP JCo RFC provider "server count" property

regards,
Hemanth
SAP AGS

brian_briones
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank Anil.

I change the MaxProcesses to 16 because the  RFC conect is 16 on ABAP STACK.

the problem has not happened again.

thank

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Please check if any RFC lookup is there in the interface message mapping. this error might occur when more RFC call at the same time.

Please also refer the below blog and link

regards,

Harish