cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the CRRuntime_14_0_xx.msm, NO. 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank all who answered the first post on this subject. All answers were excellent and educational.

The problem is in the asking. I recently purchased the new CR2013 .Net for VS developer product. I was directed by SAP to the SAP Crystal Reports .NET Developer Guide for instructions. Since I am a developer, one of my first concerns was in deployment and specifically in the features of the newest Merge Module. On page 8 the instruction begins with "SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio offers the following types of redistributable setup modules:".

Three possible modules are listed;

CRRuntime_32bit_14_x.msi

CRRuntime_64bit_14_x.msi

CRRuntime_14_0_xx.msm

I favor the .msm for various reasons despite the 32bit limitation. My question is, in view of the foregoing where might I find CRRuntime_14_0_xx.msm?

Thank you,

bob.rae

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you connecting to BusinessObjects/Crystal Reports Server to run reports or just working with Crystal Reports in your application?

If you're just working with Crystal Reports, you'll need the version 13 assemblies/runtime that I pointed you to in my prior post.  DO NOT use the version 14 assemblies!

If you're connecting to BO or CRS, then you'll need the version 14 assemblies.  You'll have to download them from Service Marketplace, which means you'll have to have an "S"-ID to log in.  To find the download, log in to support.sap.com and do the following:

1.  Click on "Download Software".

2.  Click on "Installations and Upgrades".

3.  Click on "Alphabetical List of My Products".

4.  Click on the letter "B".

5.  Click on "SBOP BI Platform (former SBOP Enterprise)".

6.  Click on "SBOP BI Platform (Enterprise)".

7.  Click on the version of BO that you're using.  If you're using CRS, use the following mapping:

a.  CRS 2008 = BO XI 3.1

b.  CRS 2011 = BO 4.0

c.  CRS 2013 = BO 4.1

8.  Assuming that it's CRS2011/BO 4.0 (which is the version 14.0 assemblies),  click on "Installation and Upgrade".

9.  Click on "Windows".

10. Scroll down and look for the .NET SDK Runtime that matches the service pack that's been installed on your BO system.  This is what you need to download.  It should have the appropriate install files in it for your project.

NOTE:  If you have both versions of the assemblies installed on your development computer, you need to be very careful not to mix the versions in your application - you need to use either all version 13.x  or all 14.x.  Your app won't work if you mix them.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell,

Thank you for your most clear and useful response. You have "Answered" my question and provided answers to a few that I did not ask.

Bob

Answers (0)