cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV File Size Varies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I am generating CSV Files from 3.2 version and 4.2 Version, Using same Job, I want to Compare those 2 CSV files,Since the Files are very Huge, i am not able to compare using Formulas in Xl Sheet(using Office 2007), is there any other method to compare this  2 CSV files Any Suggesions please Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Load both files into a table. Use one table as input for a data flow. Use the other table as the comparison table in a Table_Comparison transform. Make sure to detect deleted rows.

Add a Map_Operation transform to map all row types back to normal. Write the output to a 3rd table. That will contain the difference between your 2 csv files.

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the purpose of this test? Are you intending to compare the data output? If so you can compare the data in the tables that you are using to load the files.

if however you are intending to compare the files for a different reasonm load these files in MS-Access and compare them independent of BODS.

kind regards

Raghu

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uhdam,

do you talk about a data services solution or a general solution, because you mention Office 2007?

If you need a general solution you could use almost every text editor (NOT standard windows notepad ). For example you could use notepad++ and install the "compare" add-on.

If you search a data services solution you could use the table_comparison, but the dataflow depends on your expected result set.

Regards

Severin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be it will help you,

Create a job, Take the data into table from file, and use table_comparion transform.