cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanatage Database Server v8.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know what windows server versions the Advanatage Database Server v8.10 will run on? 2008? 2012? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chrisfranz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Matthew,

Advantage version 8.1 should run on either Windows Server 2008 or 2012. However, neither is officially supported with version 8.1. In-fact there were some issues related to Advantage running on Windows Server 2012 R2 that were resolved in version 11.

Version 8.1 is no longer supported, I would recommend upgrading to the latest version of Advantage to ensure it runs properly on the latest versions of Windows Server.

You can read the official supported platforms document using this link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70f71f64-6f47-3010-a4b9-a8c27a6e7b62&override...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just one more follow up question, Do you know if there are any issue from a functional perspective to running this database v8.1 on a virtualized windows 2008 server? Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it.

chrisfranz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Advantage works just fine in a virtualized environment. We use virtual machines for development and testing on a regular basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome! Thank you!

Answers (0)