cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rename schema after DMO migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have migrated several BW7x based on DB2 to NW7.4 based on Hana using DMO.

Now I see that migrated Hana DBs have the same schema name , e.g. SAPBIW.

Is there any way to change Hana DB schema name to another string , e.g. SAPHBW?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenna,

As far as I know, we cannot rename the schema name in SAP HANA. Thus there is no RENAME SCHEMA statement from Data Definition Statements - SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference - SAP Library

Best regards,

Wenjun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenna,

just FYI, we can change the source schema name via DMO and need to be done on the early stage.

Just add below entry to SAPup.add.par

/migrate/targetschemasid = SID

Eventually, SAPSID will be created in your target HDB. You can refer to the DMO guide for more info.

Hope it is useful for your next DMO project.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jenna,

you can rename SID by SWPM tool , I have done that.

But we should also try below solution also for Schema Renaming.

Lets have a try on these.
Firstly take a full backup for the System. Also involve some BASIS guys here too as we need Some environment variable and profile Setting.

Use the sql “EXPORT "SAPBIW"."*" AS CSV INTO '/Backup_<SID>/SCHEMA_EXPORT_BACKUP' with THREADS 100;”

You can also export the the SAPBIW Catalog via studio and keep this is in some file System.

Then please create the empty schema : SAPHBW

Later try importing this  with the SQL or studio

“IMPORT "SAPBIW"."*" AS CSV from '/Backup_<SID>/SCHEMA_EXPORT_BACKUP/' with RENAME SCHEMA "SAPBIW" to "SAPHBW"  IGNORE EXISTING THREADS 100

I said to involve basis guys as you again need to make central instance connectivity from database . So BASIS Guys , would be knowing where to change all the profile path so that you can make your Central instance up .

if you have still question , please raise.

Regards,Dipak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Jenna,

You cannot rename schema in HANA. You can create a new Schema in HANA and move all the table to that  new Schema.

You can only rename table in that Schema.

Regards,

Dipak

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very sorry that I used the wrong terminology. 

Actually what I want to rename is the "OWNER" field at system->status->database.

May I use hdblcm or hdbalm or sapinst/SWPM to change that from SAPBIW to SAPHBW.

I did some research but did not see any method.

In SP9, seems hdblcm can rename SID but not the DB "OWNER".  I am between projects so I cannot verify.

Thanks!