cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value(s) from list option greyed out in WebI 4.0 report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a WebI report and the Value(s) from list option is greyed out in the query filters panel of WebI 4.0. xx

The report is based on a .unx universe.

Might be a trivial question, but any idea on how to change this?

Thanks In advance for the Help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LepreuxLoic
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could first check behavior in Information Design Tool, to make sure if this is coming from Web Intelligence or from Universe. If you also don't see this option for Query filter in IDT, then maybe there is simply no List of Values attached to this object in BusinessLayer of your Universe; which should be pretty easy to fix in case that's your problem.

Regards,

Loic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm Will check. Also instead of this, can I select constant in WeBI and manually type the options that I was going to select using list of values? Is it the same thing??

Basically What I need to do is, select the 5 tests from list of values to display in the report and then get a count for every location that has these 5 tests complete.
Am I approaching this the right way?

Thanks For the help

LepreuxLoic
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is identical configuration for objects in Universe Design Tool : open "Object Properties" panel for related object and go to tab "Properties", here you have a part of configuration about List of Values association.

If you enter a constant value in WebI filter, there's a chance it won't generate a different database script than you would have from choosing a member in List of Values. It depends for instance if your object is index aware or not.

From Web Intelligence Query Panel you can display generated script and see for yourself if it's what you would expect or not.

Regards,

Loic

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the ADAPT note below.

ADAPT01699451

Description: In Web Intelligence, when you choose for a second time the "Values from list" option in the Query Filter panel, the cascading prompt does not work well. New Behavior:

https://anibalg.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/sap-businessobjects-business-intelligence-suite-4-1-sp3-...

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Value(s) from list option is greyed out in the query filters panel of WebI 4.0"

It could be that the unique field identifiers (semantic layer) are corrupted.  See SAP KB 1295873 - After migrating an OLAP Universe based on SAP BEX Query, the WebIntelligence Query Panel shows the wrong Results Objects, and a query filter using prompt 'Value(s) From List' becomes grayed out on http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1295873 for detail.

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong