cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle connection returns wrong data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have designed and deployed many reports using CR2008 and jdbc connection for oracle database. It is working fine in production server. we have designed application in VS2005 and deployed in winserver 2008 32bits and using CR viewer assembly ver 10.0. We are trying to deploy crystal reports in windows server 2008 r2 64bits and redesigned application in VS2012 using CR viewer assembly ver 13.0. As JDBC driver does not support new viewer, we have changed datasource to oracle native connection. we have noticed that many reports result returns wrong data, which is working fine production server. if change back to jdbc connection, it return correct result. is there bug in CR or oracle.kindly help me.

regards,

Madhavarao N N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavarao

Please provide the following information:

Version of the file crpe32.dll in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

Version of Oracle

Version of OS

Web or Win app?

More of a description of "wrong data"...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ludek,

thank you for your response. i am listing required information as follows.

version of crpe32.dll     13.0.10.1385

back end database     oracle 10g

version of Oracle client    11g   

oracle data access version 2.111.7.20

windows server 2008 r2 64bits

web apps

vs2012 and .net framwork ver 4

i have also tried in my production server. It returns wrong result, if use oracle connection. The production server conf as follows

Oracle client ver 10g 10.2.0.100

CR viewer ver 12.0.2000

.net frame work 2.0

VS2005

windows server 2008 32 bits

i have also tried from my system using CR2008 in design mode, not through application. if i use oracle data connection, it return wrong result in preview and if use jdbc connection, it returns correct result.  if i run same query from back end, it returns correct result.

I am not able to justify the error. I feel that it may be bug in the CR or Oracle.

Madhavarao

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavarao

I am still not sure about correct result vs. incorrect result. Does that mean that for example you expect first name of John and get Tom? More detail on this would be nice.

Also, there is a number of KBAs re. Oracle and CR. Some examples that may be worth looking at:

569938 - No data returned in Crystal Reports when reporting off an Oracle View, Stored Procedure, or...

1564768 - Oracle native connection returns fewer records than ODBC in Crystal Report

2005553 - Crystal Reports does not display Oracle Unicode data correctly

and more. The search term 'oracle crystal' is best to use in the search box in top right corner of this web page. See if any of the above or other KBAs help.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

If i use jdbc connection, return result 330 qty. if use oracle connection, it returns 1580 qty due to ignore certain records. i think it may be date format issue given in KBA 1564768 case id. i will try with changing date format and get back you if any issues.

thanks for your response.

Madhavarao

Answers (0)