cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User status "Object Type" and "Business Transaction" required for Notification and Maintenance order processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

For below mentioned scenario please let me know what will be the Object Type and Business Transaction required to configured in tcode OIBS.

In Fleet,for Break down maintenance,I am having different bifurcation like accident BD,Daily breakdown and en-route BD. So for this requirement instead of creating different NO and MO type I found that it can be mapped through user status for information purpose while creating,changing,releasing,closing  or displaying NO and MO processing.

I am aware of User status config but not able to understand about Object type and Business Transaction required for the same.So please let me know what need to be done.

Regards.

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

There is a document created already in EAM forum on user status functionality by

Please refer it :

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply.I already the refer the documents and its really useful to me.

But still I am not clear about the Object Type and Business Transaction required to configured pertaining to this requirement.

Request you to please throw some lights on it.

Regards.

Swapnil

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Have you tried the concept of PM Act Type for your requirement.

One Order type is required, but multiple PM Act Type can be maintained.

Regards

Terence

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

To be very generic: Object types are the 'Objects' on which these user statuses will be applicable like Equipment, Maintenance plan, maintenance order, WBS elements, PP production order etc. are object types.

Business transaction : Its actually either a t-code itself or a manual process which affects/changes the current status (system status in case) of the object internally with in the object or externally.

For more details please refer SAP help.

Regards

Saurabh

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

When you create a User Status Profile you need to link it to specific Object Type, so that you can use it for that Object Type.

For each User Status you can define allowed and disallowed Business Transactions, but that is something optional, I believe in your case there is no need for any restrictions.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your reply,Please let me know what Object type and Business transaction should be taken to meet this requirement.

Regards.

Swapnil

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need notification and a work order as Object Types, and no need to restrict for any business transactions.  That is because you want to use the custom status as a simple label without impact on any functionality.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Can you specify why you want to map your scenario with User Status ?

With your case, if i create the user status Accident / Daily / En-route for an Order type.

When you raise a work order, if you say Accident, what business transaction you want to restrict.... like, do you want to block release / Restrict Goods movement etc.

I feel these business transaction are required for all type of BD's you have mentioned.

Kindly let us know your specific requirement, so others also can respond to your query.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I dont want to restrict any business transaction.I just want to used it for information purpose.

I really dont know whether it can be achieved through maintenance activity or user status.

But as far as I read and discussed,I have been suggested to go through user status instead of activity from reporting point of you.It will great if you clarify the same.

Regards.

Swapnil

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Thanks for clarifying.

As far as i have seen, user status are used to built a inbetween status for system status.

For example

System Status for a Work Order : CRTD - REL - TECO - CLOSE.

If your client wants to have a status called planning / review /  Scheduled before the work order is released, so we will not add system status but you can add a user status as Planning / Review and Scheduled.

Here i will set a default user status as Planning, when the work order is created, once i have planned, i will set the status for Review. Once it was reviewed, user will set the status for scheduled. I will config (using Object type / business transaction) in such a way as user cannot release the order unless the user status is set scheduled.

This is main functionality we get from user status.

Maintenance activity type is used to differentiate between the maintenance you carry out for a order.

Considering your example, i will create Maintenance Activity type has Accident / Daily etc. When i create a breakdown maintenance order, i will use this PM activity type to differentiate what is the BD order / maintenance it was. Thus your order is sub-categorized using Maintenance activity type.

When you execute work order report, you can easily identify based on PM activity type.

You can do the functionality via User status, but PM activity type will be an apt solution for your example.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I appreciate your support.Its really clarify all my doubts.Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Swapnil