cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap best practice add-on's upgrade from ERP 6.0 EHP3 to EHP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to upgrade our SAP BEST PRACTICE add-on's from EHP3 to EHP7.

While upgrading to ehp7 sum tool is asking me to take decision on following add-on's

Source Releases:

Target Releases: BPERP 617V6 & other add-on's.

Instead sum tool accepting bellow releases only.

I need to have SAP BEST PRACTICE ADD-ON IM&C in EHP7.

I tried to update both add-ons by placing files in EPS/in.

First I put BPERP617V, sum tool didn't find this package. Then I put BPERP05 603V8, it accepting this package.

SUM tool is taking BP-ERP05 603V7 to BP-ERP05 603V8(EHP3).  SUM Tool not accepting BPERP617V6 EHP7 PACKAGE.

How to upgrade the add-on's from BP-ERR05 to BPERP_617V6(which is applicable on ehp7) & BP-INSTASS to ehp7 release?

Do I need to undeploy them first and upgrade ehp7, after that deploy IM&C add-on?

or

Keep the version first and finish the ehp7 upgrade and then deploy on Existing ones?

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Venkatesh,

you chose the wrong option at IS_SELECT.

Technically SAP provides a so called "Vendor Key" for SAP Enhancement package updates of systems containing SAP BP add-ons. This is only to ensure that the upgrade is technically completed. When SAP SUM asks for a decision regarding installed add-ons, choose "KEEP" for the SAP BP add-ons. In the next step a vendor key has to be provided.

Please refer to note #1301301 and implement the needed BP version after your EHP7 installation.

The vendor keys are provided within note #1644833.

Best regards,
Andreas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

How to upgrade the add-on's from BP-ERR05 to BPERP_617V6(which is applicable on ehp7) & BP-INSTASS to ehp7 release?

I think you've not given attention to the SAP Note 1301301 - Release Strategy for SAP Best Practices Package ABAP Add-ons under your shared snapshots.

I think package BP-ERP_617V6 is still not released.

Regards,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh

1.  Have you go through the SAP Notes 1301301 & 69455 which are displayed?

2. If your are using the Solution manager it require to upgrade the latest version of  STPI & ST/API

BR

SS