cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic text alignment problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I'm using ASP.NET, Visual Studio 2010- SP1 with Crystal Reports v13.0.11 and I have problem of Arabic text alignment as follows:

• Right and center aligned text always appear left aligned on printing, it is shown OK in browser and designer (I have tried different printers:my Deskjet printer, Microsoft XPS writer and pdf writer).
  • This problem is with Arabic text only, English text aligned well when printed.
  • I face this problem with TextObject  and with multiline FieldObject (or FieldObject with CanGrow set to true).
  • Exporting to pdf works well, I have problems with printing only (using the ActiveX Mode in CrystalReportViewer, IE11).

For example the following picture is browser view (everything is aligned Right, gray boxes are text objects):

while the printed version is as follows:

I appreciate any help. thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed

First, I'd like to see you using Service Pack 13. Currently you appear to be on SP 11. SP 13 is here:

Nest, I'd like you to choose a printer driver such as HP / Oki, etc. Not Microsoft XPS writer or pdf writer. Then what ever printer driver you chose, make sure you are using the latest updates for it.

Finally, see the following:

Microsoft Middleeast - MSDN

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have same problem with  Crystal Reports v13.0.15 ,VS2013 SP4 , Any help

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And did you consider the suggestion in my post from re.  printer drivers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original drivers were used for the printer hp LJP1102 did not change happen!

Note:

When printing through SAP Crystal Reports_2013_14.1.6.1702 at design time Design appears correctly

-Thanks in advance

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR 2013 doe not use the framework and that is a critical differece.

I am having problems understanding this:

The original drivers were used for the printer hp LJP1102 did not change happen!

Now, I did google hp LJP1102 and I note that there was an update released on January 6, 2016. Are you using this update?

Also, trying a different printer / printer driver would be advisable.

- Ludek

Answers (0)