Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Types - Different Company Codes in a single Client

former_member245085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have already implemented SAP PM in one country (Company Code XXXX) and hope to implement SAP PM in different county (Company Code YYYY) but in the same Client.

I need few things to clarify from you experts

• Is it possible to use same order types(PM01) with two company codes in one client
  • If so, how would be the number range assigned  ?
  • Can we have two number ranges fro same order type(PM01) in different company codes?

Thanks in advance for the  helpful advice

Ashok M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

While configuring an Order type, system does not ask for Plant. So it is not plant specific. Number range is always Order-type wise which if plant independent. So according to me you may have to opt for other Order type like ZM01 as a counter part to PM01. Normally for this situation managing with different Plant Sections (for Units in Countries) keeping a single plant would be hassle-free.

May wait for better ideas from the forum.

KJogeswaraRao

former_member245085
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnaks Jogeswara,

When configuring , where can we differentiate Order types from Company Codes ?

Can we define specific order types belongs to Company code XXXX and specific order types belongs to Company code YYYY

Please advice

Thanks

AM

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I dont think we have any specific Order type assignment to Company code. Order Types are assigned to respective plants.

Can you please confirm whether you dont use planning plant or maintenance planning plant ? Since all the activities will be tagged under plant in plant maintenance (Master data / Maintenance data etc)

Kindly check in OIOD, whether you have any specific plant assignment to order type.

Regards

Terence

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

The company code again is specific to a client. This is Finance area and configured well-before PM configuration starts. Here too same situation as discussed above. You can experience these by trying in sandbox (Dev100). For academic purpose I am sharing a link showing the path to create a Company code and how to create.

Company code in Enterprise Structure

KJogeswaraRao

former_member245085
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Maria,

Yes I checked &  All order types are assigned to Plant

I think better to go with new Order types for the company YYYY with new number range

Thanks a lot for  Adivices

AM

former_member245085
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jogeswara

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Ashok,

When designing your new Order Types, consider the following:

When you go into IW31 to create Orders, all the users in all the Plants (Company Codes) will see all the Order Types,and this may lead to confusion & user education issues, especially if the Order Types are named similarly.

Of course, you will be able to segregate this using roles to prevent creation of the "wrong" order types in the "wrong" Plant, but I am referring to the drop-down list.

My recommendation is that you should differentiate Order Types if you have different processes in the different Plants. For example, if your client was an integrated Energy sector company, you could expect different processes for your mining, generation and distribution business units, and as such, you should create different Order Types. But just for your generation business, the processes might be the same, even across different technologies, coutries etc., so try to identify the convergence and perhaps create just one set of Order Types. All depends on your business processes,and the key users have the final say.

When creating Order Types, it may help user education if you make the Order Types naming similar to an IDES or your legacy system (e.g. PM01, ZM01 - Corrective Order, PM02, ZM02 - Planned Order, PM03, ZM03 - Preventive Order, PM04 ... - Refurbishment Order ... etc.)

Consider your User Status profiles, as you may only assign one to each Order Type, it may or may not be possible to use a common User Status profile in all of your Plants, or perhaps not if the processes are different.

Note that if you have Orders in different Plants, you may use roles to prevent one Plant from seeing Orders from another plant at all, so it may or may not be necessary to differentiate the number range settings.

Also, do you expect to have a 1:1 relationship between Plants and Company Codes, or n:1? Consider this with your key users and FI consultant. This will affect your settings in PM configuration.

former_member245085
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebastian for the descriptive answere

Answers (0)