cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Rebate / Accruals

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a client requirement, where a dynamic percentage of base amount is given back to customer. But the percentage of kickback to customer varies from order to order. Percentage is dependent on various other condition types. Finally as per requirement all the kickback amounts for all orders is then accrued over a month and payed back to customer(credit memo)

Now my questions are: as per my understanding rebate agreement is only for a fixed percentage, and not for the above requirement. Kindly correct me if i am wrong, also can it be handled in any other way so that a dynamic percentage of base amount could be credited to accrual account for every order and paid back to customer end of month.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In rebate we can post accrual using some tentative average amount percentage. System would automatically reverse the remaining balance when you post credit note using rebate settlement. Lets say if you are giving 2% to some customer and 3% to some others and so on. You can maintain accrual using the biggest possible percentage and on settlement system would automatically reverse the remaining excess amount.

Please study rebate and test this.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply,

I would like to confirm my understanding. I will create a rebate agreement for customer A with 10%. Now i create a sales order for customer A, here as per requirement, considering all other discounts, customer A is only eligible for only 2%. Then i create another sales order for customer A, this time pricing procedure has to calculate rebate condition type with 2.5%. None of these sales orders should pick 10% as mentioned in agreement earlier.

Following this during rebate settlement, 10% in rebate agreement should not be considered. Only accrued rebates of 2% & 2.5% should be considered.

Do you mean to say 10% is only a tentative percentage and will not be considered during rebate settlement, and only accrued amounts calculated for 2% & 2.5% will be considered for credit memo?

Can the above requirement fulfilled in standard SAP.

Thank you

George

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I meant this what you have said. Only thing I want to add here is that when you'll create SD billing document system would post 10% accrual accounting entry and when you'll run settlement system would post 2 or 2.5% whichever is applicable as credit note and remaining 7.5 or 8% would be reversed. Its better to configure this in your system and test it. It is standard behavior or rebate and your requirement will be fulfilled.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Moazzam! I think my understanding of Rebates is wrong. I will try again in system and come back to you incase i have questions. Thank you very much once again!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Sure. You can check available threads in SCN. In below thread you can see the accounting entries

There are also many other threads and SAP help documents available on how to configure rebates. Configure this and come again with your findings.

I had configured this and tested this two years ago and I shared what I had found at that time.

Thank$

Answers (0)