Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservation quantity higher than PR qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I'm facing the follonwing issue :

Client first did not want PR+Reservation when assigning Material requirement to his WBS. he only wants PR then we changed the item category from L (stock item) to N (Non stock item).

Example :

1/ Activity A asked for 150 cement bags

2/ PR created with qty 150, item category "N". No reservation created on stock

3/ We transform PR in PO, and MIGO for good receipt

4/ We're now ready ask logistics to send us these 150 cement bags  so we made a manual reservation

ISSUE : we're not supposed to make a reservation superior than 150 cement bags, however users are able to ask 200 or 300 cements bags for network.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I agree with Ken, you need to modify your current solution to have Project Stock, and use stock material while ordering the material and then do the goods issues once the goods are received from the vendor.

Currently you are trying to connect two disconnected processes.

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Finally I followed your suggestions and I kept "Project Stock" to avoid users performing manual reservation. With some change manangement aspects my client will follow the standard SAP.

Thanks for all your advices.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Just to clarify my doubt on your requirement.

Is your client purchasing the cement bag from a vendor ?  If yes, why are you doing a manual reservation ?

I was trying to understand your scenario for point 4.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

Yes My client is purchasing the cement bag from a vendor.

The reason : the logistic department (in charge to deliver cement bag from storage location to site) does not want to see any reservation triggered from a PR in tcode MB25.

That's why we choose a stock item "N" for Non Stock Item. This Non stock item creates only a PR and not PR+Reservation.

Then when the cement is received in stock, we proceed to a manual reservation by using MB21

Hope this clarification would help you

Thanks

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

On reading your information.

1. PR created from Network Activities

PR is created from Network Activities for 150 cement bags, converted into PO for the same quality. On goods receipt it confirms you have consumed the cement bags under the network activities. In this case, why manual reservation is required ?

2. PR created manually

PR is created without reference to network, converted into PO and it is in stores. Now you can do manual reservation MB21 against the network activity to consume the material.

I hope this is the process we normally follow, may be i invite others so they can correct if any thing is wrong.

After reading your request, two process was involved, so not sure, why it is required.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

The PR is created with reference to the network, converted into PO and it is stores. We can do the manual reservation MB21 against the network activity to consume tje material.

ISSUE : We are able to claim more than the original PO.

This is not supposed to be.

Am I wrong somewhere ??

regards

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

If you have this process, it will be difficult for you to maintain the reservation, since you purchase the material and again reserve the material to the same network. Both are different scenario.

You need to plan in a network about your requirement, create a PR, convert into PO and do the goods receipt to consume into your network. So you can restrict the amount of consumption.

Hence there is no reservation process is required.

Regards

Terence

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

You are mixing standard PS processes.  When you make a Non-Stock material assignment the material is charged directly to the Network at Goods Receipt and the quantity does not go through inventory and the reservation is not visible to MRP.  This skips inventory control and directly ties the PR/PO to the network.  When you say the material is in stores are you changing the account assignment on the PO to put the material into plant stock or is it just physically sitting there?

When you manually create a reservation this has nothing to do with the PR/PO crated earlier.  You are now trying to bring back in inventory management and pull material from the warehouse.  They can create the reservation for whatever quantity they want.

You should create a stock reservation and let MRP handle the calculations.  If you really want to keep material segmented by project then you should use Project stock.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Just a small doubt I have here to ask :

Though my material ties to Network for direct consumption against NWA , Is there a way that I can bring the same material via Inventory control (for goods issue purposes) because the material quantities are huge and there is not enough space to put these materials and project requires to give custody of this bulk quantity to Warehouse.

Can this be possible either in standard or in customization?

All experts can share their views on it.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

just a though have you tried to use Account Assignment Q in ME21n with NWA? I think that would work..

But if you are raising PR directly from Network I think system by default picks up Account Assignment as N and hits the consumption account.. Not sure if we can change this setting by writing a piece of code and what would be the impact..

Regards

Sammar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I guess you can manually reserve under the network using MB21 with movement type 261.

Regards

Terence

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sammar,

With Q : Inventory G/L will hit to large extent ( #material valuation class and OBYC settings)

With N:  I can input my Project G/L manually

I can go with Non-valuated project stock to achieve the desired results but it offer some disadvantages also .

That's the reason I want to route these materials via a WH.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I think, you misunderstood my requirement.

Opening a separate thread to discuss it in detail.

Let's all help Mr. James first in his issue.

Regards

Saurabh

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suarabh,

Non-valuated project stock will give you what you want.  Immediate posting of costs to the project (will post to the WBS) and quantity is visible in inventory management for later goods issue.

Ken

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Yes, its the standard scenario with non-valuated project stock. But, as I mentioned their are certain disadvantages to us with that like : project to project material transfer will not generate accounting entries and if we have two separate domains i.e. Offshore and Marine then individual project accounting is of significance importance.

Now, for my long running projects , I can not change their behavior to Non-Valuated projects and also to make materials UNBW (non-valuated materials) will not be feasible at our side.

So,  I am concerned here to find a way which can route my Networks' requirements via Warehouse.

To me, it does not look wrong because we don't have enough space to keep our consumables at project site and PM wants to give only custody of these consumables to WH (without impacting Inventory cost) so that it can be issued out from WH as and when required.

Here, Please tell me if it's possible that I make 282 Q MovType and it does not generate accounting entries,only CO document?

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What stock type do you have on your projects? No-Stock, Val Proj Stk, or Non-Val Prj Stk?

You can use Valuated Project Stock and create a Type 90 cost element for the Balance Sheet inventory accounts.  This way you have visibility of the costs (type 90 is a statistical cost element) on the WBS and control of the inventory and cost transfer when you do a material transfer.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you consume Cement Bag just for a Project?

If this is consumed by multiple Projects, can you please check this material in MM03, MRP4 View and confirm the setting for Individual/coll. is set as 2 and MRP1 view MRP Type as PD. This way, the stock would be procured based on the MRP and the Time horizon to procure the stock with a reordering point as per the Logistics department.

This way the system would just create reservation in the common stock with the quantities mentioned in the Activity Components.

Else for the case mentioned in your query try to use the function module EXIT_SAPMM07R_001.

Also would suggest to explore the functionality "Requirement Grouping in Projects" Requirements Grouping for Individual Project Planning - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library.

There are various scenarios in this link to maintain the stocks.

Hope it Helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

We are using valuated project stock.

With CE cat. 90 we can update cost (commitment) on WBS for informative purposes only and actual from GI to project.

But the issue here is (which I mentioned earlier) that with GRN my inventory cost shoots very high for these materials and warehouse don't want to be accountable for these materials because Project users might have requested for 100's of steel plates and after GRN to Warehouse project users received only 30's/40's of plates and rest of the cost of left over plates lies with WH, In case of multiple projects such cost is not bearable for WH.

That's why I was looking for a solution "Which does not hit inventory for project related requirements and we make WH custodian for these materials where as Project remains accountable for the total cost of these materials"

If I could route materials purchased with Account assignment cat. N via WH then it could have served my purposes.

Or if there is some other solution for it.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken

Q : When you say the material is in stores are you changing the account assignment on the PO to put the material into plant stock or is it just physically sitting there?

A : It is just physically sitting there coming from the supplier before issueing to the site

Let's figure it out once again :

1/ we are planning the project in CJ20N

2/ our requirement for all the project is 150 cement bags (Activity 1 could need 20 bags, Activity 2 : 15 bags, and so on...)

3/ to avoid the PR per activity, we directly create a PR against the whole network for 150 cement bags (by assigning the material and the qty to the Network)

4/ then we have PR ---- PO ---- Good Receipt

5/ We received the 150 bags in the general stores not on the site. Because we do not want to deliver the whole amount to the site.

6/ For each actitivity we are making a reservation to issue the exact bags number required. Then they ask for 20 bags to launch activity 1 (manual reservation), we issue the 20 bags.

The site chief officer could not be able to ask for more than what they require during the project planning however they can ask for more in the system.

Maybe there is something I'm doing wrong in this flow.

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Can you please open another post. We're definetely talking about two different subjects.

Thanks

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi james,

I have already created one for it

..but unfortunately, getting replies over here.

Surely, will divert such posts to different thread.

Thanks.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you running MRP?

also what stock type is specified on the Project Definition: No Stock, Non-Val Proj Stk, or Val Proj Stk?