cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Orders for Sub-assembly cannot be seen in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo SAP Experts,

I'm trying a Make to Stock strategy. The BOM for the finished good "Skateboard" is:

I've created Planned Independent Requirements for the "Skateboard" using MD61. After MRP run, the following planned orders are being generated for "Skateboard"

Accordingly the MD04 view for all the materials (even the materials for the Sub-assembly "Wheelassy") are getting updated, but the system shows no planned orders for the sub-assembly "Wheelassy".

MY QUESTION IS: Will the MD04 view for the subassembly be updated or not? If yes, how to generate or view it?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I used MD02 for MRP run.

MRP type is PD(MRP)

Regards,

Sudeep

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep

Did you check the points from my previous reply?

Regards

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Caetano,

It is not a phantom assembly. I've kept the special procurement field blank in MRP2 view. Anything else which I should look into?

Regards,

Sudeep

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

It is also possible to define a special procurement for the component on the parent material BOM. Therefore, check if it has not been maintained as phantom on the on BOM.

You shoul also check the following:

1 - The value of the field "dependent requirements" on tab MRP 4 of the sub-assembly.

2 -  Check if the "bulk material indicator" was set.

3 - Check if the parent material BOM was correctly exploded on the planned order and make sure that a dependent requirement was created for this material.

4 - Check if BAdI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA is active and if the records of MDRS are not being chaged.

5 - Analyze MD04 in debug and check why dependent requirements are missing. See document for details.

Regards

Caetano

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi sudeep,

what is the transaction code you have taken for MRP Run, what is the MRP type you have used in Material Master Of FG.

Regards,

Mahesh.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Check if this material is not a phantom assembly. In this case, system will not generate planned orders for the components and the requirements will be passed directly to the components.

You can check if this is a phantom assembly checking the special procurement on material master or on the BOM.

Regards

Caetano