cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the additional steps for SRM refresh as compared to ECC refresh? (Windows and MS SQL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know if there are any additional pre steps or post steps for SAP SRM system refresh as compared to SAP ECC refresh? Windows/MS SQL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any pre or post steps to be done with respect to SRM Portal?

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajat,

Are you going to do a system refresh of the SAP Portal or you are going to use the current portal with the new SAP SRM system?

Depending on which option you will have to execute some steps or not.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will be creating a clone the entire Prod SRM which has both XX1 and XXJ in usr/sap/ and then run the SID rename via sapinst for both to change to QA SRM

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

A system clone from PRD SRM using SAP tools? Please consider that there can be a lot of issues if you do a database and filesystem clone with a SID rename for a Java system.

About the task you will need to do on the Java system, I can think about a couple of them:

- Install of the new SAP license on the SAP Portal.

- Check the secure store on the SAP Portal.

- Reconfiguration of the SSO between SAP Portal and SAP SRM.

- Reconfiguration of the iViews on the SAP Portal.

Best regards.

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajat,

You have to change all the data on the middleware configuration tables to point to your new ECC system. I don't remember exactly which tables are but you can take a look to this:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/309258e9-0da2-2d10-b598-bf27edb56...

It explains how to do the Middleware Configuration between SRM and ECC. You should also do a master data transfer from ECC to SRM.

Best regards.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat

On both(SAP SRM & ECC) system refresh are same, In post installation activity are slight changes are there, Could you refer the System copy guide from http://service.sap.com/guidefinder Select your OS / DB & SAP version.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajat ,

I don't think so there is any difference between refresh between ECC and SRM System.

if you know , all the pre steps of ECC , I think that is only required for SRM System.

Regards,Dipak