Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extractors for ECC tables

former_member196240
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have the requirement of extracting the data from ECC to the staging database. Below are the tables which I need to extract data:

MAEX

MAKT

MARA

MARA

MARC

MBEW

MDMA

MEAN

MKAL

MVKE

WRPL

AUSP

I was wondering to use the extractors, I am not sure which of the extractors have the above tables Could you please help on that?

Also, for my requirement which extraction method is feasible ABAP data flow or Extractors? If ABAP data flow, does it have a delta feature to capture the changed data.

Appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

You should be able to get an idea of the volume of data you are looking at using tcode 'SE16' or 'SE16N. If the volume is less than 500000 records, I think you should be fine using a regular dataflow. Please note that your process may time out if your job runs longer than 30 minutes or so.

Of course, the ABAP dataflow will definitely have better performance. However, you have to keep in mind, that you will have to specifically transport the ABAP code to the different clients in your SAP landscape when necessary. Also, i believe, the extractors you are referring to are specific to SAP BW and not ECC.

Cheers,

Chaitanya

former_member196240
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chaitanya,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did check the data in ECC using t-code SE16d,  the AUSP and MARA tables contains more then 5 lakh records. Thats the reason i dint go with the regular flow.

I do concur with the fact that ABAP data flow needs transported every time they undergo a change. Exactly i was talking about BW extractors, looks like they have been tailored in data services as well and am suspecting they too have the ability to talk standard ECC tables.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

I haven't used the SAP ECC extractors myself but the link below should help. It also describes the delta loads you asked about.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57790

-Chaitanya

former_member196240
Participant
0 Kudos

Chaitanya - thanks for the link. I believe that should help me in moving forward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

To add, I highly recommed using ABAP datflows since you are individually staging the material master tables,i.e. a one to one copy from ECC to your staging database. I do not think there are such specific extractors available in ECC. However, you may make your decision as per your requirement.

former_member196240
Participant
0 Kudos

Chaintanya -

I agree, also now the extracting data from ECC has become high priority in my project. So, I cannot buy anymore time on the investigations. I have to switch to ABAP data flow.

Again, thanks for your time on this thread.

Vinay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

I do not know, which extractors include your tables, but you could load the tables without extractors. So if you need exactly this tables, you could import the tables and then load this tables into your stage. After that you could do data manipulation operations.

Regards

Severin

former_member196240
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Severin,

Thanks for the turn around...

I am assuming there could be performance issues, if i directly import these tables. Since couple of them are huge tables and lots of data needs extracted out of those.

If the records were less, would have used these directly. Per my requirement i wanted some interface either ABAP data flow or extractors which would be feasible and favorable in the long run.

thanks,

Vinay