Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota not picking BOM against 2nd Production Version

vikas_dhiman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am using Standard Quota functionality. I am doing third party/subcontracting process with two different BOM's. So I am using quota on production version basis with procurement type "F" and Special proc. Type "L" in MEQ1.

As per standard behaviour and quota system is splitting my requirement against two production versions. But for 2nd purchase requisition which MRP is generating its not picking the BOM components.

I have tried the same with In house manufacturing case also with Procurement type "X" but still the 2nd planned order generated with 2nd production version is not picking the BOM.

Please help ASAP on this issue.

regards,

Vikash Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I wrote the following document about the most frequent issues related to BOM explosion that may be useful to you:

For this specific problem, make sure that the following notes refered on the document are implemented on your system:

1791009 - No BOM explosion after changing production version

1781324 - MD11: Valid BOM alternative is not found

Regards

Caetano

vikas_dhiman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

But I am not able to understand, For the first version BOM is exploding correctly

and why not for the second version.

Everything is same. I created both BOM's at the same time and still it is not working.

regards,

Vikash Kumar

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

It's a program error. You should implement the mentioned notes to solve this issue.

Even if the symptom described on the note does not fit exactly into the issue observed on your system, I have seen similar issues in the past and I can tell you that these notes will probably solve the issue.

Regards

Caetano