cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.4 BPM/IFLOWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on a PI 7.4 BPM/IFLOW to Many to one mapping and to orchestration process to merge two inputs files into one output files.

AFAIK, I do not see any Integration pattern to combine two input files into one in a iflow please share your experience to design this iflow/BPM.

Thank you

Jake

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi this question has been asked before, e.g.

which leads you to where you find your use case in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply the blog almost works for my requirement but what is different in my case is I have two flat files coming in from two different business systems so System A and System B sends two files in a 10 minute interval and I need to merge these file into a third file and send it to two business systems.

When I use iflows it gives me an option to split a message from one to many but there is no option/pattern for many to one mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An iFlow only handles 1 message at a time, you cannot wait and merge two messages in the same iFlow, you need BPM for that and the aggregator pattern will solve your problem.

If you cannot use BPM you need to work around it, you could e.g. use a first iFlow which appends the 2 flatfiles to one flatfile with the file adapter. Then in the second iFlow you process this file.

Answers (0)