Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Services Builder stucks on message mapping load

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

I worked on message mapping design in ESB java application. When I was saving my current changes ESR stopped responding. I waited for 10-15 minutes and then killed the task via Windows process manager.

Now when I try to run ESB it opens, starts to load my recent mapping and stucks again.

We tried to restart java instance, tried full server restart, I deleted local java cache on my PC, tried to update cache via SXI_CACHE transaction. I see no locks on java server. But it still doesn't work.

What should I do to make it work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had no time to wait so I transfered my changelist in ESB to another user and then rejected it. I've lost my recent changes but at least now it works.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should increase the heap memory for your client tool ESR.

You could do this in two ways,

1. Change heap size in exchange profile of PI/PO - needs to be done BASIS team and as you know it may take time as per your company process etc..

2. change this in JNLP file. This is the easiest way since you can download the ESR jnlp file from browser using XI main page link and then edit with a text editor such as notepad...Look for entry

<j2se version="1.6+" initial-heap-size="32m" max-heap-size="512m"/>

and then change according to your needs. And finally double click to open the modified JNLP file (or) force it to open with java webstart if jnlp file type is not already associated with java webstart by default

Please check my blog and search for 'Changing the heap memory for the ESR/ID clients':

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, Praveen!

I tried it with no luck.

I guess it can not load my last mapping version from cache because it didn't update it correctly during last save. But I don't know how to fix that and even where to search that cache for.