cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently on PI release NW702_16_REL.

When I open up a message mapping on my desktop, which has Java 1.5.0_22-b03 I see:

When I open up the same message mapping on my laptop, which has Java 1.6.0_45 I see:

i.e. the newer Java version has a section of buttons disabled. These include the Dependencies (Hide All/Show All) button which is vital to be able to view the mapping properly.

My guess is this is down to the Java Version. Is the only solution to roll back the Java instance on the laptop back to 1.5?

Cheers,

Paul Clements.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

You can force the ESR, ID JNLP file to open with a specific java run-time. You can downlaod jnlp files using XI main page url from browser

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure I follow. Could you give more detail i.e. step by step?

Would this be a workaround or a permanent fix?

Cheers,

PaulC.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

This is a workaround only, since you may have latest java version in your workstation due to many reasons e.g., internet security with browser, for applications that run only on higher version etc..

And since your particular PI version works properly only with java 1.5 (i.e., w.r.t. mapping push buttons issue), You must install 1.5 version by still keeping latest java version in your system for above said reaons

Steps,

1. Open XI main page in browser http://xiserver:port/rep

2. right click on ESR, ID links to save as their respective .jnlp files on your desktop for example

3. right click on the saved JNLP file from desktop and choose openwith and navigate to Java1.5 installed directory and select file javaw.exe under /jre5/bin/.

That's all

Best Regards,

Praveen GUjjeti

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

ASFAIK you have to rollback the java update.

or if you have both the  versions installed you can select the lower version.

Hope that helps.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The steps to revert are

Step 1: Remove Current Java JRE

1. Go to the "Control Panel" and select "Programs and Features"
    • In Windows 8, click on the "Windows" button and type in "Control Panel" to get to the control panel.
  2. Uninstall the latest version of Java 7.  If you have multiple versions of Java 7, uninstall those as well.

Step 2: Install Java 1.5.0_22-b03

1. Download file from
  2. Once the download has completed double click on the file and install
  3. You will get a warning about "Your Java version is insecure"
    1. Check the box marked "Do no ask again until the next update is available"
    2. Click on "Later"

you can also choose JRE version from Control Panel -->> Java  -->> Tab (Java) -->> Click on view and select the version which you want to run.

regards,

Harish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

SAP recommends to use a different Java versions to work with different PI versions. Check this note   1579160 - Object toolbar is disabled in Message Mapping

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have a login to the SAP Marketplace (if I do I've forgotten it). Could you copy and paste any relevant bits of the link into this thread?

Cheers,

PaulC.