Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Visual studio 2010 due to Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

hopping you are doing well

I was trying to modify a project that use the crystal reports; however, I'm experiecing an error about the crystal reports, I've attached a snapshot.

I used this page:    to download the latest service pack, but it did not work.. is there any guidance for installaing this SP?

any advise?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the application shows me that there is an error in the following statement:

"CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterField()"

"CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterDiscreteValue()"

"CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterValues()"

How can I make sure that the used library is installed?

thanks

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A couple of things you need to be aware of:

1.  You need to make sure that you use the "Install Executable" from the link in your post - that has the integration into Visual Studio.  The other installs are for the various types of runtime install that you can use to deploy your app.

2.  The new version of the SDK (version 13.x assemblies) does NOT play well in Visual Studio if you have an older version (prior to 13.x) of the SDK installed.  So you'll need to either uninstall the older version or do your new development on a VM that doesn't have an older version of VS installed.

3.  If you manually add the CrystalDecisions references to your application and you're targeting .NET 4.0 or above, there's a new property on the reference called "Embed Interop Types".  By default this is set to true, but it MUST be set to false in order for it to work correctly.

4.  Your application must target the full version of the .NET framework - it doesn't work with the "client" version of the framework.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell

that was really helpful

I've installed the SAP Crustal reports ... most of the errors are gone...

now I experienced new errors:

1) Error 2 Encountered multiple versions of the assembly with GUID 'fdb9b69e-ba79-4b13-9e96-8373af162aea'.  Try pre-importing one of these assemblies.

2) Error 16 System.SystemException - The type library importer encountered an error during type verification. Try importing without class members. : System.TypeLoadException - Method 'IToolbarRenderer_get_CommandPrefix' on type 'REPORTRENDERERLib.ToolbarRendererClass' from assembly 'Interop.REPORTRENDERERLib, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is overriding a method that has been overridden.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect that error 2 might be related to error 1.  I would do a search in the registry for the specified GUID and see which two assemblies it's attached to.

Also, I'm surprised that you're seeing "Version=13.0.0.0" in this.  Did you download and install the latest version (SP12) of the SDK?  If not, you'll need to do that.

-Dell

0 Kudos

Make sure you uninstall the MSI redit package first, you should not have both on the DEV PC.

And check your app.config and make sure it only references all version 13 assemblies.

What happens if you create a new Windows Form application?

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you need to update the references & objects in your project to use the new Crystal runtime.components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ido

Appreciate your response..

I want to make sure that I downloaded the right library and registered in the VB.

what do you think?