Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while marking substitution for employees

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried marking substitutions for employees through PP61 and Infotype 2003 but the issue is that it does not update the day type in case I try to mark the substitution on a public holiday or a company off day;

21.12.2014 - Company day off

but there are employees from the maintenance department who need to be available on this date

when I try to replace it through PP61 and IT2003 It did create a substitution on 21.12.2014 with the desired work schedule but when I run the time evaluation it takes all the time as overtime and display a message "employee at work despite day type 1"; Until and unless I go into the infotype 2003 record and manually change the day type to 0 it does not take the impact which it should take; I would appreciate if someone can look into this

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the standard behaviour, If you want to change the Day Type of a given day, you must also update the Day Type field in Substituions infotype.

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish,

I tried other options of auto updating but they didnt work, its a standard behaviour of SAP that in case we need to change a public holiday to a working day we need to update the day type field in substitution for them; but for other option of changing the weekly day off to a working day it can be done by activating PEINS TASSA switch in table T77S0; Thanks for your valuable input though

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masroor,

Are you using any custom pcr to calculate the overtime if employee works on the public holiday?

Regards,

Sankarsan

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Yes I am using a custom PCR to calculate the overtime on public holiday

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you can change rule. Modify the rule based on the WSR and holiday class and again query that employee had worked or not.

Regards,

Sankarsan

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

couldn't get it properly, I would appreciate if you can explain it a bit; cause it is working fine if I replace a working day with an off day schedule but not vice versa and I am unable to reach to the root of the issue

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the PCR I have written

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir help needed; I would appreciate if you can give your view point on this one as well

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see in your PCR there have some errors. I would like to know that waht's your scenario for the client.

So far communication i could get an idea that Overtime should be calculate on the holiday if employee works but for specific WSR it would not be consider as a overtime. Am i correct?

If this is your requirement then write the pcr like below.

ZTST

VARSTHOLCL

LEAVE

VARSTPRSNT

N

LEAVE

Y

OUTTPSHIFT

XXXX_WSR

LEAVE

HRS=PEND

HRS-PBEG

ADDDBZ100Z

ADDZL 9000

Here XXXX_WSR is the specific WSR for which overtime will not calculate if they comes in the paid holiday. Time type Z100 is day period time type and 9000 the time wage type which is carrying Overtime hours for salary calculation in Payroll schema. Use this pcr after P2011 function with ACTIO function in time schema.

Regards,

Sankarsan

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Sankarsan, The scenario is a bit tricky;

Over time is given on the following bases:

1- normal days

2- company off days

3- public / gazatted holidays

4- sundays

on normal days and company off days (i.e production off days usually 30 days in a year and some exra holidays along with the public holidays) overtime is given as per the work performed

whereas, on sundays and the public holidays overtime hours are mutiplied by 1.5 and a forced deduction of 30 minutes is to be made which I have catered through a constant value, but the issue is not the overtime calculation here. System is calculating the overtime as per their requirement but issue I am facing is that the system is not replacing an off day with a working days like for example if monday is a working day and I replace it with an off day system works perfectly fine but if monday is a off day and I try replacing it with a DWS, it doesnt yield the result until and unless I manually update the day type as "0" in IT2003