Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Work Orders of other user on WorkManager

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I need to show in Work Manager a list of  work orders like the standard app, but in this case, I need to show for different users.

For example, user A is logged in, he will see orders for B, C, D and E.

For your understanding, as a business process, this is a kind of view for managers, if the user connected is a manager, he will be able to see more than 1 user orders.

I couldn't find a BADI for this, neither a filter on the configpanel to configure this behavior.

I would prefer to not modify the Java code as a preference.

Did someone made something like these before?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

As a faster solutions we made 2 apps, one configured to show orders by work center and one by personeel id.

The one configured by work center is showing all the work centers a manager has assigned.

Managers are not sharing devices with technician, so the app configured for work centers is for Managers, and the other one for technicians.

This can be done in the BAPI configuration in syclo configpanel.

Thank you for all your suggestions!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel.

The customer can enhance or enrich the standard work order distribution result by implementing BAdI

/SMERP/MDO_PM_WO_BADI.

 Method GET_BEGIN: Influence data before standard distribution rule execution

 Method GET_ASSIGNMENT_TYPE1: Modify/enrich the result of the work order list returned

by the standard distribution rule

 Method GET_END: Enhance/enrich output work order data returned to the mobile client

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh, perfect, thank you.

I will take a look and get back to you, that can be very helpful.

Regards.

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Technically your requirement can be done but   you have to development at all three layers.  Your  making  some  assumptions which could prove  costly  once all the development is done.     So  carefully review your  requirement before doing any development or design.

Here is the document which lists all the enhancement available in Work Manager apps.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-54700

Thanks

Manju - Technology RIG -SAP.

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Manju.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manuel,

If your question has been answered, please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

--Bill

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill.

Thank you for following this thread.

As I told in one of the replies, I will post the solution as soon as I finish and test the app, maybe next week.

Regards.

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manuel,

Can you be more specific - a) what is the assignment type your  planning to  use ?  b) whether users wants to see other users work orders in offline or online mode ?  c) what is the volume of work orders your talking about ?

Thanks

Manju

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for your reply.

- I will not filter by assignment type.

- I want to download to the device, so, will be available offline too.

- The volume is to be determinated, it depends on how many work orders are assigned to a group that belong to a manager, if there number is too high, I will cut that number. It will depend on the test in the device in terms of speed.

Do you think that depending on this things I can have different scenarios? I was thinking the solution should be similar.

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

But some how you need to know what is assigned to  me as a user  versus work orders assigned to others users ?  if you want work orders to be available in offline  mode as well then every time your downloading  work orders which users may or may not be using.

There is no standard option available in the base product which meets your requirement.  I would suggest you to carefully review the requirement taking into  consideration a) Data volume b) type of the device c) how frequently work orders are changed in SAP  backend ? d) try to implement work order download on  demand basis.

Thanks

Manju.

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, in fact, the user logged, if is a Manager will have no Orders assigned, he will just see his employees orders.

- Data volume will depend on the device load and speed.

- I already know the device, there are all iPads, so we have good memory and processor.

- The frequency depends on the day, is not important in this case, the user will just update when he wants the new info, maybe once a day.

The question is more about how to implement it, like BADI, creating a BAPI, modifying a java class or something like that. Do you have any suggestion?

Regards.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manuel,

You might want to start by looking at the tutorial for

This provides you a step by step for retrieving data from SAP and displaying it in Agentry.  It will help you understand the pieces needed to bring this down.

There is also a part 2 as well that goes further with the processing.  How To Part 2 Build an Agentry Based App From S... | SCN

--Bill

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you for the information.

The truth is that I already made some WorkManager customizations, and I'm awared of this process, the question was more about if someone knew a BAPI or something that can make the work easier, but it looks like there's nothing similar, and I will need to really do it from scratch .

After finishing this, I will try to post an idea about how to make it to put this as solved.

Thank you for your help people.

Regards.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manuel,

You will need to do additional configuration to support this.  The Work Manager product is designed with the technician user in mind.  There currently is no supervisor view in the base product.

I know a few customers have implemented something like this where the supervisor can see anything they are assigned to (base product) but they also have a secondary work list to see just high level information (not full WO detail) for the work assigned to their direct reports.

Depending on what you anticipate the supervisor doing with those work orders will determine how much data related to them you will download and how you will display them.

--Bill

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure, I want to do exactly the same, and I don't want to show all the info, just some information.

Ok, so there is no BADI or configuration I can modify for this.

Ok, so there's no way, I will need to make a custom BAPI and send the info, or maybe someone who already implement this can give me a hand

Thanks!