cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalReport 13.0 is not showing on VS 2013 professional form when running on FireFox 35.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a crystal report file "FollowUp.rpt". When I open this file, it shows the "Main Report Preview" loaded data perfectly.

The problem I have is that when I want to show this report on the "FollowUp.aspx" form using the CrystalReportViewer1 object, nothing appears on the form at all. The strange thing is that there was error appearing "Error Loading Report" on the form. I fixed this error by making sure the path of the underlying "FollowUp.rpt" file is accurate.

Now, although the error is fixed and no more shown, the CrystalReportViewer1 object is NOT Showing at all.

I am using Visual Studio Professional 2013, FireFox 35.0, SAP Crystal Report 13.0.9.1312.

My Code vb.net is as following:

Protected Sub OfficeExecute_Click()  If page.isvalid=True then LoadReportData() Dim crystalReport as new reportDocument() crystalreport.load((Server.mappath("~/Reports/FollowUp.rpt")) CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource=crystalreport Response.redirect(httpcontext.current.request.url.tostring(),True) endif  End Sub

The aspx code is as following:

<%@ Page Title="" Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="FollowUp.aspx.vb" Inherits="Reports_FollowUp" MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true" %>  <%@ Register assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" tagprefix="CR" %>  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" Runat="Server">  <style type="text/css"> . . . </style>  </asp:Content>  <asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="CpMainContent" runat="sever> . . . . . . <div id="ReportDiv" runat="server"...> <CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="True" GroupTreeImagesFolderUrl="" Height="50px" ReportSourceID="CrystalReportSource1" ToolbarImagesFolderUrl="" ToolPanelWidth="200px" Width="300px" CssClass="ReportViewerStyle" />  <CR:CrystalReportSource ID="CrystalReportSource1" runat="server">  <Report FileName="~/Reports/FollowUp.rpt">  </Report>  </CR:CrystalReportSource>  </div>  . . . . </asp:Content>

Is there any expert who can help me solving this Crystal Report dilemma?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of Java are you running?  Also, you have an older version of the SDK - it's now on SP12 with SP13 due out in the next couple of weeks.  The older SDK may not work with the latest version of Firefox - the latest version of the Product Availability Matrix shows it's certified to work with Firefox ESR 31.

-Dell

Message was edited by: Dell Stinnett-Christy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should I add the statement:

CrystalReport.setdatasource(...) before CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource=crystalreport ?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you're using ReportDocument, yes, you need to set the datasource  and logon(s) for the report prior to loading it into the viewer.

-Dell

0 Kudos

SP 9 had issues with WEB viewers. Upgrade to SP 12 and test again

Don

Answers (0)