Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA System Replication without table preload

pauler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm facing a question in a customer situation. The customer wants to implement a SAP HANA DR configuration with two sites and SAP HANA System Replication. The secondary site shall be used as a QA HANA system. Memory on primary and secondary site are equal configured (1TB). AFAIK has the system replication configured without table preload, isn't it? Where could this be configured. How will the replication take place (asynchronus, synchronus?)? Unfortunately I was not able to find documentation to dive deeper into this topic.

Thanks for your attention!

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert, Could you please elaborate on your environment Based on your message looks like you are interested in setting up System Replication between Production and QA Hardware Are you looking to have a dedicated QA instance and a copy of Production on the secondary hardware for Disaster Recovery? In System Replication ONLY one partner is available for transactions So the copy of the Production HANA on QA hardware configured without preload is not accessible until there is a need to invoke Disaster Recovery the REPLICATION MODE is configured during the setup of System Replication The below link from SAP will point to the System Replication document applicable to SPS06, 07 and 08, all commands used for setting up System Replication can be found in this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9049e009-b717-3110-ccbd-e14c277d8...

pauler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

thanks for your fast reply. I also found the System Replication Guide for SPS09 in the meantime (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9049e009-b717-3110-ccbd-e14c277d8...). The configuration of the "no table preload"-Parameter is described in this guide. Also the synchronization types are described and equal to the "table-preload" method.

Best Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent, do share any other questions you may have during the setup of System Replication in future

Would be happy to share inputs based on our learning

Answers (0)