cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period control and fiscal year variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL

I have defined one control which is " Fiscal year variant and period control should be same for one of my client which is Indian manufacturing company"

Fiscal year variant is April - Mar, 4 special periods

Period control is   - 001 01010202

Can any one please tell me how they are same , if yes or no then interpretation of the same

Regards

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply both of you.

I have not assigned any variant, it already there in SAP. My job is to comment weather both are same or not since company is using only one FY.

Aditya

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

If you are not maintained any FY in AA module, then your fiscal year is same in both FI & AA.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar

Thanks for help.

Can you please tell me how to check whether there is any FY in AA module. Also what's is the relation of period control (0001 01010202) to FY of both AA and FI module.

Aditya

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You can check the below configuration node for assignment of FY to the company code in AA module, if you want to use other than FI fiscal year

SPRO - AA - Valuation - Fiscal year - Fiscal year variant - specify other version on co.code level.

Period control is used for determinate the depreciation date for various asset movements i.e. acquisitions, additions, retirements, transfers etc. If your depreciation key has maintained with period control by fiscal years check box, then you have to define time dependant period controls. Otherwise there is no link between fiscal year and period control.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome....thanks a lot!!!

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your issue is resolve..then close it.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

Generally FI and AA Fiscal year is same , if in AA they are using different FYV then they assign different FYV in AA   in Co.Code level and Dep Area Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have  maintain the Fiscal year at the company level , if you do the transaction with assets it will hit to the same Financial year, why you want to maintain different periods in AA?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Generally FI fiscal year variant and AA fiscal variant is same. In this case no need to assign the fiscal year in AA. If you want to maintain different FY then you have to assign it in AA configuration.

Regards,

Mukthar